So I'm a Spider, So What? - Vol. 10 Ch. 46.1

Fed-Kun's army
Mother is a spider. Traps would be very on brand for her. Should have expected it.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
even the mother started out as a tiny spider and had to work her way up, probably very similarly to the MC too.

Dex-chan lover
You'd think after so many near-death incidents Kumo would be a bit wiser. This attack with extreme arrogance was so stupid it's hard to believe. She has even used traps and ambushes herself, but suddenly she can't fathom others could do it as well? She had to be a bottom of the barrel student back in Japan. I'd have forgiven this if she had been at least a bit more thoughtful, even if it had still led to the same outcome, but at least she would have tried.

Dex-chan lover
Whenever Kumoko got pump up, this happen...
Thank for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme

You're right, she was indeed arrogant. She saw the stats and believed that Mother could be defeated by just showing up and blasting her with magic attacks and she assumed that she had the resources to deal with whatever was thrown at her. I mean, she is immortal and can teleport, what does she have to fear?

I also don't blame her for getting trapped. It's easy to set up a trap for someone, but it's a lot harder to plan for getting trapped and dealing with it because there are so many ways you could get trapped. Everyone has blind spots, and for me it's far more unrealistic when you have characters who somehow see through all the traps thrown at them. As a spider, I don't think she expected to get caught by threads and in this instance, she was caught by a thread technique which she wasn't aware of, so this trap isn't something that she could set up herself as she has never seen nor used this skill before.

Users who are viewing this thread