Social Game Girlfriend - Vol. 1 Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
Man...I hate the jealous friends cliche.....the fact that I've read so many supportive friends stories and then these guys still show up really grinds my gears.

Dex-chan lover
What kind of shittyass friend insults you just because you got a girlfriend? Like, there is friendly banter and there is being a fucking hurtful prick.

Why is this shit so common in manga anyway? Is it some japanese thing I don't get or just an overdone cliche? You would expect classmates to either not give a fuck or tease the couple, not get uber-butthurt and agressive.

Contributor
@Acolytus @Iceblade20
Jealous male friends who unironically embrace "Bros before Hos" are not uncommon in real life.
Sometimes, they happen to be right about the girl being an actual cheating Ho, which is also not so uncommon in real life.

Dex-chan lover
@justforthelulz Yeah but in that case it's the guy's friends attacking the girl because they think badly of her, not the guy's friends going "why do you even have a girlfriend? You are ugly, dumb and annoying, you make her look bad just by being with her".

Dex-chan lover
@justforthelulz @Acolytus . Yeah...putting down the girl who that feel is manipulating the MC is one thing, its respectable comraradie that we can all agree with it .However putting down your own friend for being unappealing in your eyes but still having a girlfriend just to ease your own frustrations just make them look like a reprehensible a-hole (which should call out on)

And my problem is that manga has grown past that nowadays. Most romcoms have started pushing the wing-man, support friend dynamic a lot more. Save the annoying behavior for the rivals where the response is a bit more justifiable.

Fed-Kun's army
Doesn't she look more and more like Kizuna AI? It's uncanny!

Public Relations
Went from simple and cute to all-out romance... acceptable

Users who are viewing this thread