Solo Leveling

There’s a billion abandoned underrated series and then this one has fucking three experienced large translation teams working on it fucking hell

Dex-chan lover
@PersonaRogue Of the three, I think they do a better job of it. Now if Erai-raws could get going again, my life would be in order.
edit note: My life got back in order again. re: Erai-raws

practicly reviving your.. i guess friend.. anyway their dad from the dead is a pretty sweet bday gift

All I'm wondering is why Solo Leveling goes from english chapter 5 to english chapter 65 for some reason. Don't know if it's just me or if someone else is having the same problem. Its a good series all around, but still, I wanna be able to read the entire series without a jump in chapters for some reason.

Seriously sell me on this besides "le art is gud" i dont want to lose brain cells reading the shit story just for pretty pictures. I got 30 chapters in and couldnt, its really nothing special?? I dont get why this one is special and different from every other 7.5 manga with the exact same boring characters, plot, and tropes. Does it get better? inb4 this just isnt for you

@LewdDewd because the amount of power fantasy that are not stupidly boring are extremely rare, that and it was "I THINK" one of the first manwha to do portals (gates) and awakened hunters
it started a trashy genre but idk i think its god like compared to almost all power fantasy(yes it isnt perfect or even great but its good)

@LewdDude It's not really special. The human cast are irrelevant and the manga doesn't spend much time with them. It spends a lot of time on fighting, leveling up, and set piece artwork like the demon castle realm, angels vs monsters war scene, etc. The art direction is great, from complex indoor dungeon spaces to wide landscape shots with lots of detail. But there's no depth to the fighting nor any threat to the protagonist, who never struggles after the introduction arc.

If I had to say the good parts: the best characters are the monsters the MC kills and reanimates/brainwashes, having strong enemies come back as allies is cool and making them stronger is fun. The art is very good. But honestly I have no idea why this is anywhere near 10.

Users who are viewing this thread