Solo Leveling

@gordon17
Nothing, is that I usually see a 9 rating as awesome (5 stars), whereas a 8 is "just" good/above average (4 stars).

@Trevelyan
First, thanks for the well written answer. I have one question before going on why I still think it's bad writting, is plot related hence the spoiler tag,
do you honestly think that the class A hero who attacked him when the ice elves where around was good writting? Because if you think it was even okay I honestly don't think we can reach an understatement of what is good

Now, my counterpoints:

You may be ok with plot armor and such, and I agree that MC surviving by luck is not necessarily bad, but how it presents is just shallow. It cuts all the moral dilemma, he does something even slight bad to achieve his goal, the author makes sure it was a logical decision. Oh, MC made a poor choice? Let's make sure he gets a reward afterwards to show how he grows from that, instead of exploring his flaws and how he tries to better himself. Therefore, both (bad behaviour and poor decision) don't feel like error in judgment as the first seems like the obvious choice and the later as a predestination (as the consequences are very, very good).
You know, I really liked the first human enemy, but as the story goes on we can clearly see a pattern, first MC defies your expectation then you: a) act like a human being and become his ally; b) act like either as a psychopath or a fucking monkey and dies. And yes, the majority of male characters falls on the later, unless you don't count thugs as characters (but as I do it becomes way too often, hence the usually).
Female characters don't really matter, if you remove them all the story would be roughly the same, just add a bit more of first aid on fights and MC going reckoning . The time when we pay more attention to them (the female characters) is when they are acknowledging the MC or raising some romance flags.

I have seem many manga/manhwa starting with rating high as that, but as time goes on they don't withstand the test of time. Though, I would deeply enjoy being wrong and learning that it's better than I give credits for (I didn't even read the webnovel).

I'm perfectly ok when they stop scanlations because they're doing it themselves, but stoppping just to the sake of stopping...

Hmmm meraki scans won’t update anymore hmmmmmmmmmmmm😭😭😭

Dex-chan lover
I see people mention it but yeah, meraki is not doin most of their manhua anymore including solo leveling. It got C&D'd unfortunately.

I guess nobody wants a cease and desist so they have no choice to dropped it, but the sad part is i think only meraki scans have this translated. So are we seeing the END or HIATUS tag?

kakao strike again , just if they have english ver available i wouldnt mind subscribing

Aggregator gang
noooooooooooooooooooooo meraki why?
ahem**
anyone has a link for official english translation?

Aggregator gang
That's really bad. They have to drop all they major projects.
This series is really popular, so I am sure it will be picked up by someone, but the other stuff... Who knows. I hope someone at least picks up Returners magic and Lawless zone.

jaimini's box taking over solo and red storm, perhaps peerless dad too.

@greyhud90 they don't have any official translation... and probably ont have any in the future, as always.

Users who are viewing this thread