Solo Leveling

Haha! Guys! Now our badass Jin-Woo made it out the Gate! The best part is that more and more people are finding out on how powerful Jin-Woo actually is! Ch55 was nice!

Dex-chan lover
It's much better than I thought it would, although the MC makes stupid decisions sometimes and is a bit too OP.
The novel is really good too and the translation got past the manhwa by far.

I see lately comments about future plot lines.. and not all of them are in spoiler tags.
I'm glad that someone is translating the novel, and you can enjoy the story without waiting for the chapters to come out. I'm also happy for you that you're excited about it and want to talk about it, but this is the comment section for the manhwa, and some choose to stick with the manhwa.
Stop spoiling.

damn i hope he joins tiger guild, and i hope we see at least a good fight between GM and Sung.

Hmmm....I've been reading the translations, just reached Volume 4 and i have to say that manhawa's version of MC is so much more epic. So cold and Dark and soo~ damn freaking cool.
Am i the only one who thinks that way? That the novel's MC is still a bit too...kind?

Sadly another cold Korean mc obsessed with power, getting carried by a deus ex sistem.
Really a waste of potential and nice art.

How come this has such a high rating? Yes, it looks cool and dark, but you know how shallow it is. Here some of my main concerns:
- MC deus ex machina any hard circumstance.
- The only time MC made an error in judgment was at the very beginning, without any real consequence.
- Guys usually mindless hate and attack him.
- Girls usually immediately acknowledge his power and admires him.
I am not trying to bash saying it's trash, but is no better than Goblin Slayer or The Rising of the Shield Hero, so I was expecting an mid 8 rating.

@NotGhilherme
Let me address your concern.

Author seems to have a thing for female healer, can't deny this since the author's idea of a male healer is quite special.
However, 1st healer pities him, and heals him out of it, no admiration involved for almost 4 years until he helped them survive Double Dungeon.
2nd healer notices his strength after seeing him catch a dagger that no one else can see (even for those who could see it, catching it was at another level, and A-rank Kim Chul did not notice the dagger) and after being protected by Jinwoo in a life/death situation, admired him. They spent 2 weeks within the dungeon.
Jinah's E-rank friend did not care at all about Jinwoo at first until he showed his immense strength in the Red Gate and fulfill his promise of protecting her life. (none of these situations are immediate)

Guys are not mindless Jinwoo's attacker either. Remember the Baekho's recruiter who notices his potential and what did he do? He tried his best to recruit Jinwoo even without any proper confirmation of his strength while using a great deal of the Guild's resources - a hunch, which the recruiter openly admitted. Baekho's master just stopped him for a talk, and let him go when he seemed too annoyed to be doing interviews. Woo Jin-chul was worried about Jinwoo's safety and did not at any point in time, tries to blame Jinwoo for his/his associations mistake. Jin-ho was willing to sacrifice his life for Jin-woo. These guys deserve more respect than an over-generalization.

Instead of saying usually, you should be saying rarely.

The guys who attacked Jinwoo - Hwang's team was meant to show the cruel world of Hunters, Hwang's brother is a psycho (only S-rank psycho from the 2 we've seen and if this is any consolation, Hwang is the only S-rank psycho even when more are introduced), B-rank Assassin showed that even the Association has people who are corrupted (but he is the only one among so many we've seen btw). None of these hate or attack are specifically meant for Jinwoo. Jinwoo just happened to be there during one of these psycho's usual rampage.

MC deus ex machina - it's his trait, both the reason why the system chose him and why the system exists. It's not important whether he survived, it's more important how. This fact is the same for many manhwa and manga, but it doesn't automatically make them bad.

Error in Judgement. He actually made quite a few. System saved him from his mistakes since the system does not want him dead. You can call this plot armor like so many superpowers other MC of other manhwa haves if you want. Other more trivial mistakes, that makes Jinwoo seems more complete as a character and human, are cut from the manhwa - it's a manhwa adapted from novel after all.

At this point, you should realize that the reason you don't understand the rating is because you are not actually reading the manhwa, but barely skimming it.

The fact that cool and dark are the only things that you can pick up, and you are aware of how shallow those traits are, says something about how you should be changing your reading method to better appreciate this author's work or any author for that matter. You don't have to, but it's better if you are going to leave a comment that may affect future readers' interest in starting on this manhwa.

Users who are viewing this thread