Solo Leveling

Dex-chan lover
@Chrona You compared the art of this consistent-full-colored-weekly-released series with that black&white-monthly-released series? You just cannot do that, it doesn't make sense. What you should compare this with is with other webtoon manhwa or manhua series. They are all full colored series, so you can judge the differences clearly.

Alright Imma be the first to say it, raw is out but everyone please be patient and remember you are seing this for free

Fed-Kun's army
@dexdoujinmanga
I compare them because, overwhelmingly, Mangadex has decided that Solo Leveling is superior to One Punch Man, which even you admit has better art.
t179mn.png

There isn't even another manhwa on the list, so what exactly makes this special enough to be better than One Punch Man, it's second place contender?

So again I ask, is it the art? It's about the same for any other Manhua I've read, and inferior to most of the manga on this list. Is it the story? It's just reverse isekai. What makes this series special? I could understand if there was some huge sleeper Korean Manhwa community I didn't know and all the top manga were Korean Manhwas, but that isn't the case either. There's only one Manhwa, it's only this series, and everything else is Japanese.

@sombreno the story isn't the greatest, but not for the reasons you suggest. From what I see you are severely misunderstanding the main character and his situation.

Interesting fact: Solo Leveling is the number 1 in Mangadex because you are seeing "Follows", witch ranks the mangas solely based in the ammount of follows it has. PS: If you compare the ammount of people that rated Solo Leveling, witch has 9.31/10 with more than 22k votes, vs the ammount of people that rated other mangas, like "Sousou no Frieren" (Number 1 in rating right now with 7.1k rates), you would see that SL has more than double the ammount of people that rated it, in comparison with all the other mangas in the list. Sorry for bad english.

Solo leveling's greatness doesn't lie in the story or characters, pretty plain, but in the script and the art. It's great entertainment, same as you see in a stadium or in some WWE show. Or, to speak directly, some Vin Diesel action. I like very much SL, but I know it's not Art.

For anyone curios there is a separate anime dedicated to chapter 117 (Orc school invasion), which goes into more details of what happened than the manga does. It's called JK to Orc Heidan.

Fed-Kun's army
@ ShaurnRm
A manhwa which doesn't even have as high a rating any more isn't relevant to the point. Ratings are a more useful measurement when a series has concluded entirely. What has a high rating mid-publication now can plummet for various reasons, a bad ending being the easiest example. It's not as useful measurement as raw number of people expecting an updates on the work.

@Frangar
but in the script and the art.
I like very much SL, but I know it's not Art.
I'm going to say this is pretty self-contradictory.

@Lekmir
I know this, but I care about number of follows more than ratings, especially because not everyone that follows, rates.

@Chrona, SL is probably rated higher because it gets updated weekly. Some people drop mangas because they forget the story, names, plot etc. So in a sense it makes sense that SL has a higher(er) rating

Fed-Kun's army
@Haywire
It's the only Weekly series in the top followed manga other than Komi-san. If being a weekly purely boosted it's status the rest of the list shouldn't be clogged by monthlies as well.

And again, I don't care about ratings, I care about raw following.

@Chrona, Guess we both agree that we don't know what drives people to like something, yes?
Though, I didn't ask if you care about ratings and what not 🤣 just like what you want to like!

@Chrona, simply put: for "art" I mean drawings, for "Art"... well, it's art 😄 Mangas with deep meanings, philosophical or dramatic stuff, and so on
A fitting example of Art could be the film Hotaru no haka

I like this second season a lot ! Usually, once the power-up is over, that kind of story gets old (much less interesting once MC is OP either because we lack the sense of accomplishment or the use of MC's power is unsatisfying). Here, they manage to keep it entertaining. Always new reasons to be interested (saving the sister, foreign Rank S and World Class Hunters, etc.) A lot of things which were either too much or not done yet in the first season.

Users who are viewing this thread