"Something went wrong with your upload"

Group Leader
"Something went wrong with your upload"

I got this message after attempting to upload a rather oddball manga chapter as a zipfile. The message appeared for a few seconds and then went away, no further details about what went wrong.

The sequence was that I put together a manga omake chapter which included a large animated GIF (about 4 MB in size) as well as some other static PNG images. I saved them as a zipfile and uploaded it successfully. On reviewing it on Mangadex I discovered I had left a "convert to grayscale" setting on my batch file processing step enabled so some subtle colour work in the mostly pen-and-ink art got greyed-out. I deleted the chapter entry.

I fixed the colour stuff, rebuilt the zipfile with the same 4MB GIF (which displayed as I expected it to on the first upload) and the colour PNGs, total size 20MB, and attempted to upload it to the same named entry (ch 27.5, it was an omake sort of a chapter). The upload failed, presumably with the "something went wrong..." message (I was AFK when the upload completed). I tried a few more times, including at the last attempt changing the chapter number from 27.5 to 27.6 since it might be my deletion of my first flawed upload was screwing things up. I did use the same chapter name though. Any ideas what's going wrong and how I can upload this chapter, or is it too oddball with that 4MB GIF? There's a good reason for the GIF, by the way...

It might be helpful to send a message to the uploader if an upload fails. It would be really helpful if possible to identify the problem and suggest solutions when reporting the error (but I understand if that's not a SMOP).

theres an error file / image somewhere there , i had this experience too when uploading , but after i reproduce it / saved it again with different name ( because if not , it only compile and not solve it ) , and it works on the uploading

got this experience while being Cleaner - Redraw , so i know

edit : i mean compile / overlap / what ever it is my english suck

Users who are viewing this thread