Sometimes Even Reality Is a Lie! - Ch. 183 - Do You Like Games?

Dex-chan lover
Nanami's got a big heart. Even if she has doubts about him, she still wants to help him.

That blonde girl is cute. Seems like she could be pretty reasonable, too.

Games are so mainstream these days that anyone should be able to say they like games, even if they then added they wouldn't dare to call themselves gamers skills wise.
I've seen that a few times in manga, where being just a gamer is such a social suicide. At least Nanami is a bit more extreme about it, to the point where you could imagine less reasonable people looking down on her.

I heard that if you say this enough on every chapter comment section, the author will hear you and wrap it up
But comments mean engagement, even negative ones, so the author will just keep milking it for those sweet Internet points.

Author giving away their age a bit there with the outdated "games are for losers" plotline.
Manga is kind of like films at times. They're about 20 years behind current trends. That's about the time it takes for the creators to get fascinated by stuff growing up, and then grow up and gain enough professional traction to produce what they always loved.

I used to play yugioh with someone like this. Honestly, surprised me the 1st time I met them
I had a gamer friend who was a forestry financial inspector, or whatever the title he had. That sounds about the same.

Mere ~5 years ago I received "Are you what, a gamer?". From the 25y.o. bitc^W woman who didn't took her eyes from her iPhone, madly swiping Instagram.
Sounds like one of Souji's old friends.

Dex-chan lover
I've seen that a few times in manga, where being just a gamer is such a social suicide. At least Nanami is a bit more extreme about it, to the point where you could imagine less reasonable people looking down on her.
That's why I said you could always say that you do play games but you wouldn't call yourself a gamer. If you are a gamer, you spend a significant amount of time, money, and effort to play games and might even be otherwise involved with them, like upload gameplay videos. Just like plenty of people watch movies occasionally, but movie hobbyists are a totally different group of people.

Nanami ought to be calling herself a gamer, yes.

Supporter
Lol.

Mere ~5 years ago I received "Are you what, a gamer?". From the 25y.o. bitc^W woman who didn't took her eyes from her iPhone, madly swiping Instagram.
Goes back a little over ten years, but one day a coworker and I were talking about games. Starcraft 2, iirc. Our boss then decides to mock us for being adults that still play games. FWIW, our boss was basically the same age, but a manchild that plays pranks on people in the office and forced everyone to listen to the music he enjoys while we worked. He was also openly anti-union during the unionization process. In retrospect I should have reported him for a hostile work environment.

Anyways, long story short, the sorts of people that have complained about adults playing games have, in my experience, been awful people. Them shitting on others' hobbies is usually just the tip of the iceberg.

Supporter
The truest winner today:
image.png

Dex-chan lover
Anyways, long story short, the sorts of people that have complained about adults playing games have, in my experience, been awful people.
My experience is that people complaining about how other people spend their time aren't good people. Naturally with the exception of things that hurt others.

Users who are viewing this thread