Song of the Sky Pacers - Ch. 103

Dex-chan lover
Enjoy, this might the chapter with the most dialogue I've translated so far

Spend a thousand gold to buy horse bones: TLDR - it's a saying that means you need to show sincerity in your actions to be effective

This comes from a story where this monarch wanted to buy a horse that could run for a thousand li and was willing to pay a thousand gold. One of the monarch's advisor found such a horse but it died before it got to the monarch. The advisor still paid 500 gold for the dead horse and presented its bones to the monarch eventually. The monarch was angry at this and asked the advisor why they spent so much on a dead horse to which the advisor replied that: If people hear that the monarch was willing to pay so much for even the bones of such a horse, people would treat his request more seriously and present to him more horses.

Dex-chan lover
Love the extra context.

Thanks for the chapter. Constantly waiting on bated breath for the next release.

Thanks for the explanation about the horse bones, that was quite confusing.

I can't wait for A-Ting to enter the scene, seeing the mortals struggle while she's right on the sideline is great storytelling but also frustrating for me.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter!

this was the first chapter i really struggled to get through haha. it’s not just because it’s a lot of dialogue, but we’re following characters i don’t really care much for lately. i like the large ensemble cast when it’s the cultivators we’re already familiar with (because the emotional stakes are well established for them). i thought i would be excited when we hit the mortal world, but many mortals we’re interacting with aren’t interesting or fleshed out.

the story is strongest when we follow Ah-ting to a T (even Qu Chen isn’t as interesting which surprised me, because he’s so cerebral haha). i hope this ugly period to establish the cataclysm factions doesn’t last so long.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for the tl and extra context. On that note, i miss ah-ting.

Users who are viewing this thread