Song of the Sky Walkers (Long Strip) - Ch. 45 - Twin Breakthroughs

Dex-chan lover
@mangoruffy

I have a question. When Lin Lang was describing the Baili brothers, in your translation she says that Baili Zhong was a prodigy rarely seen. In the official translation however, she says that Zhong was born with the rare body of Jiuli.

I don't know which translation is correct, but I do remember that the "body of Jiuli" is mentioned again in chapter 110 so I think Zhong being born with the body of Jiuli (whatever it is) might be important to the story.

Group Leader
@mangoruffy

I have a question. When Lin Lang was describing the Baili brothers, in your translation she says that Baili Zhong was a prodigy rarely seen. In the official translation however, she says that Zhong was born with the rare body of Jiuli.

I don't know which translation is correct, but I do remember that the "body of Jiuli" is mentioned again in chapter 110 so I think Zhong being born with the body of Jiuli (whatever it is) might be important to the story.
thanks for the question! in the original raw text, it says, with the translation of each subphrase in parentheses:
"一个(a)
拥有(having)
罕见(rarely seen)
九黎([within] jiu li)
之体(body)
的(of)
次子(second son)
百里仲(Bai Li Zhong)".

I can see why a translator might have mistaken that for "jiuli's body" if they weren't sure what jiu li was. Jiu Li was an ancient Chinese alliance of nine tribes stretching between the Yellow River and the Yangtze River. It’s just figuratively used here to mean a large geographical area or large population :). Chinese can be a bit weird in that many words are implied, so there's an implied "within" there. The most straight literal translation would therefore be "a second son, Bai Li Zhong, who had a body that was rare to see within Jiu Li". As Jiu Li here was figurative, our final choice was to describe BLZ as a prodigy rarely seen.

Hopefully that clears things up!

(for the very curious, you can read more about jiu li on the chinese language version of wikipedia here or on baidu's baike encylopedia here )

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Just binged read this and loved it sooooooo much. God I need more of this or things like this.

Dex-chan lover
Oh my goodness. That backstory but it doesn't negate the evil he did.

Users who are viewing this thread