Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru

Supporter
I don't think he's going to cosplay as the guy. I think he's thinking about getting into the prop-making side of cosplay.

and thank you for translating! Last time I read this it was dropped so I just gave up on this even tho this was really good so thank you!

I was worried Gojou might become a simp since he was first introduced as a tad bit but I'm glad this is actually a story of 2 people enjoying their time sharing each other's passion

It started very good but the quality drops further and further. Now its one of this, shounen bullshit manga, where it takes 3 years to start holding hands. Feels like one of this managas who get forcefully prolonged to make money. Ah and for sure they have made it more edgy now, to compensate for the lack of progress.

I mean even the densest future couple, would start getting closer, if they spend so much time together, alone....

I hope Waka realizes Kita likes him soon, I wanna see them cosplay together and get into ecchi hijinxs

I used to really like the Manga but now it is starting to get annoying and boring reading this because of the dence mc

@Air101 I might be reading this wrong, but I feel like he's dense for the simple fact that a majority of his life has been spent with creating Hina Dolls and not interacting with people (or in particular, females), so to him, I feel like he's reading into this the wrong way because he's afraid he'll perceive it wrong. I don't believe its a matter of denseness, but a matter of lack of social awareness. I think he likes her, but his mindset is that the feeling is not mutual, and the openness that Kitagawa shows him is just a sign of her being passionate about the things they're doing, rather than the act of being with him. if that makes any sense?

Though in fairness, I do know what you mean. I'm hoping he would at least slowly start to piece things together. Alas, not much we can do except wait.

Edit - I completely spelled dense the wrong way and didn't catch it till now -_-

Dex-chan lover
@SirTropical

Yeah, I think you are right about him, it's not like he is dense about these things rather than inexperience showing and not taking things out of proportion that could lead to misunderstanding, which is a pretty plausible situation irl, I have been in a similar situation in the past long ago when I was unexperienced too. Which also leads me to questioning why does a lot of people just say mean things like that whenever there is a male lead who is not on point about getting pussy whenever a girl looks interested in her. Just cut some slack, he is an earnest shy boy who suddenly got hooked by the flashiest girl in his class by a common interest. I would be very wary about that too.

@mug3n & @Rudwik I feel like the way he reacts and acts around Kitagawa is on par pretty realistic. Especially considering the social standing between the two prior to their shared passion in creating something (him Hina Dolls, and her Cosplay). Just because they find a common interest doesn't mean he'll suddenly be able to speak to everyone about himself and who he is, and be able to fit in with the popular cliques at school. Unlike Kitagawa, who's a gal and most likely has had many an experience with social standings and whatnot, Gojou is completely socially awkward. He doesn't know how to react or act when it comes to topics he isn't familiar with.

The only time you see him fully shine as a character, and you get to see how he works is when he's creating the dolls, and how he transfers that knowledge into creating dresses and outfits for Kitagawa. To him (at least, in my opinion), it's not that Kitagawa likes him (even though, we as the readers know that she really does), it's that Kitagawa likes the idea that there's someone who can share such passion for the things she likes. In doing so, he acts a certain way so as to not overstep his boundaries (both for the sake of their friendship, and I also believe morally) and cause some awkward tension between his - realistically, first genuine friend. It's also pretty apparent that he does like her (in some chapters, he's clearly seen admiring her beauty and in some panels, he does imagine some scenarios between him and Kitagawa iirc), but because he's not really sure as to how to proceed with it, and how the other party feels, he's completely lacking both confidence, awareness, and knowledge with how to handle these feelings.

Either that, or I might just completely be overthinking it. I really love this manga, and I wish they updated faster. I genuinely can't wait for them to get together. Though, it most likely won't occur until the (potentially) last few chapters as per the course of most romantic manga.

Edit - To refresh my memory in order to make my point clearer, if you looked at
Vol. 5 Chap. 36, in one of the panels during their stay in the hotel room, Gojou is cleary attracted to Kitagawa (in more ways than one), it all comes to a head when he grabs her, she makes that noise and he's suddenly face to face with her. It's an incredibly intimate moment and reminds us that while Gojou may be dense and unable to act on his feelings, he DOES have feelings for Kitagawa. Same can be said for our resident Gal.

@SirTropical
Basically i would agree with u but for me the difference to most youth romance storys is that they spend way to much time together with both beeing interested. Often they are even alone. At some point one of them would start making small steps and from that moment on it would start rolling.
It is a whole different story if u only meet in school or always have friends with u.

This is one of the Gem mangas I love. The slice of life and ecchi are superbly balanced and leave me wanting more

@SirTropical First I would like to say I completely agree with this.
@Wuiff When one person is isolated for a long period of time they struggle to properly interact with other people. So when your struggling with talking normally to someone anything slightly flirtatious is impossible. And when people think something is impossible they don't even think about it they consider it normal for it never to happen and that's why it doesn't happen.

@Otaku_Gandulf
Sry but u read to much Mangas. If u spend enough time with someone, interacting with someone, u get used to the person, u adapt to the situation. Moreover it isnt only up to him to show feelings, she can do that too and she is socialy adepted.
Romantic situation dont necessarely start by purpose....
The Problem with shy guys is that they hardly ever get close to the girl they like and due to there passive behaivior its even less likely that the girl likes the guy back.
Here u have both time and feelings.

Users who are viewing this thread