Sora wo Matotte - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - Murmurs echoing on the surface of the waves

Dex-chan lover
Many Thanks @princess_daphie for the new chapter.
It makes sense that Haro's "perception" would be warped when faced with an actual nude model, since up until now he has only worked with secondary, post-processed images of nude women; nothing to do with a "witch's curse."

The nude illustration on Page 7 sure has a familiar face.

Hopefully, come next chapter it will turn out Haro was reaching for the model's arm/shoulder rather than her chest or face, or cooler heads will prevail & he will back off completely.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the translation!

It's quite refreshing to see a believable life drawing session in a manga.
Even though it's weird no one has come to MC's friend to ask her who she is and why she's not drawing, it's fairly accurate.

Also I hope we'll get to see how the MC handles a male model, at some point. The story has been focused on drawing women a lot, but getting better at drawing men sure helps understanding the differences between the genders, and ultimately it becomes a tool to emphasize either femininity or masculinity. Would be a cool point to make, if this manga intends to take the matter seriously. (and so far it seems so)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I was halfway through deciding I wasn't feeling this chapter before the end--it just felt kinda shounen sport-manga to me with the rich 2-hole and his arrogance. The turnaround was the addition of the warped model, which made for an interesting way to challenge the reader's, well, perception of MC's point of view. I'm curious to see how it resolves so I can better understand what the warping really represents. Is it him not being able to see her beauty, or something less fundamental?

More thanks for continuing to deliver on this piece of art! :salute:

Dex-chan lover
The rich boy seems like a classic case of someone who has perfected techniques but doesn't actually have depth. So, he doesn't really understand what art is in the sense of having his own path of art. His own dao of art, haha. Something that makes his pieces truly his. That would work perfectly for industrial art, but he's apparently a rich guy, so it would be better for him to create his own style, as he doesn't even need art to bring rice onto the table. So, he could spend however much time it takes to get there, even if he didn't sell anything.

Dex-chan lover

Even though it's weird no one has come to MC's friend to ask her who she is and why she's not drawing, it's fairly accurate.

Also I hope we'll get to see how the MC handles a male model, at some point. The story has been focused on drawing women a lot, but getting better at drawing men sure helps understanding the differences between the genders, and ultimately it becomes a tool to emphasize either femininity or masculinity. Would be a cool point to make, if this manga intends to take the matter seriously. (and so far it seems so)
I was thinking the same, or even an older female model, or a less traditionally attractive female model. I've done some nude sketching and you see a large variety in body types that volunteer.

Dex-chan lover

Men got no boobs. Drawing them would be pointless. You can tell a story but with no boobs no one will even bother listen

Dex-chan lover
So the MC has a mental disorder, let's see what the author does with it.

Users who are viewing this thread