Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 9 Ch. 87 - Favour

Dex-chan lover
I feel like they betrayed Macht's trust by having him wear that thing if he hadn't cause trouble in 20 years, maybe that's why he betrayed them back. But, at the same time 20 years is probably nothing to a demon in a similar way to an elf
If that’s the case, does that count as malice? Macht doesn’t understand the concept of malice so it wouldn’t trigger the order to take his life.

But as he learns about humans, and eventually comes to understand malice, what then? Will the order trigger?

Dex-chan lover
This is the first story that I've read that truly depicts Demon's as an alien race, one that I cannot resume to simply being a evil and depraved version of humanity, they truly feel like Aliens that we cannot reason with.
But, hey, at least they're capable of kind of maybe attempting to try to reason with us... kind of.

Dex-chan lover
This is the first story that I've read that truly depicts Demon's as an alien race, one that I cannot resume to simply being a evil and depraved version of humanity, they truly feel like Aliens that we cannot reason with.
Frieren said Flamme define them as manifestation of impure and wasted mana. They look like humans because that's where their mana come from. They are more considered as entities than races which is why they strictly rely on mana. Words are just their tools in order to survive. Everything else are just empty so communication and understanding was useless the moment they manifested.

Dex-chan lover
Having an overly powerful demon conduct his experiments on human nature really is a frightening prospect. In some ways, he's similar to Frieren though, who too is (although to a much lesser extent) alien to human society. Maybe he let her go because of this, the first time they fought :thonk:

Dex-chan lover
If that’s the case, does that count as malice? Macht doesn’t understand the concept of malice so it wouldn’t trigger the order to take his life.

But as he learns about humans, and eventually comes to understand malice, what then? Will the order trigger?
That might be what he is trying to figure out.. odd as it may be though it's still quite demon of him since it's not the feeling itself rather the emotion expressed through words that he is intrigued by. Not emotions just words interesting concept use.

Users who are viewing this thread