SSS-Class Suicide Hunter - Vol. 1 Ch. 26

Dex-chan lover
@KamiKira00
To anyone who claimed that MC was smart for not choosing demon king's reward. You are wrong, he is retard.
This chapter shows that they could easily kill each other till one of them is left alive. All MC has to do is to run away or manipulate them to leave him for the last. After that he just have to find opportunity to send an army after leftovers or poison them.
Everything is easy with time travel.
This is the wrong series for you, you should probably just stop reading now and save yourself some time. This isn't the story of some lone wolf doing anything and everything in his ability to get stronger, he passes up many an opportunity to get stronger if it would mean having to do something evil for it. He is not that sort of man and would never do such a thing, even if he can technically "undo" it all by going back in time.

Dex-chan lover
@dcontam
Firstly, he can't take all of their skills. There's a limit to the number of skills he's able to hold and it's currently only something like 5, three of which are the gain an attacker's power on death, revive after death 24h in the past and the one for the Sword Emperor.

Secondly, he doesn't need their skills. Go in, learn, die, learn a little more, die, over and over and over again in the style of "All You Need Is Kill".
For years and years, if not a decade, to progress 5 days.

Among us:")

But I still feel bad for the 3 innocent people. May your soul rest in peace 🙏

cover5.jpg

@Amplify

I never said he'd take all their skills; I said that he would have had the opportunity to obtain their skills by giving them reason to attack him - which is true. Furthermore I never said he needed their skills; again, what I said is that he could have taken advantage of the situation to give himself the opportunity to obtain their skills - because it would be beneficial, not because he strictly needs them.

The overall point was that he could have made things much easier on himself - to which I gave the counterpoint that doing so would have made things too easy for him. It probably would have made the story less interesting to go in that direction, so I'm not hating on the way things are going. I'm just noting that he didn't pick the optimal path. Even if he didn't like the skills they had, he'd be able to see the skills of the ones who killed him. Significantly, he'd be able to see if any of them had the ability to lie without detection. He would not necessarily be able to check out the skills of everyone (if they never tried to kill him in any of his repeats), but he'd still be able to get some good information either way.

But again, doing that would have made the story less interesting.

Dex-chan lover
@dcontam
The main thing you don't seem to get is the MC is not just a good guy, but practically a paragon of virtue. "Easier on himself" at the expense of others is something he would never, ever do - 'reset button' or not. He will never, ever kill somebody who does not absolutely deserve it (like the Flame Emperor) and does not even want to see others die at all, even merely choosing to be a traitor is strictly against what he'd consider as an option.
If he has a choice between being a traitor and killing / getting killed, or letting somebody else be a traitor and others killing or getting killed, then he will take a third option. That's all there is to it.

@Amplify

He doesn't have to be the traitor. All he has to do is select the goddess' gift. That alone puts suspicion on him. He doesn't have to kill. He just needs to be killed - which is something he's shown he has no problem with.

Furthermore, letting three innocent people die, then letting many more people die on the way to level 20, then going back in time to redo it all (to save the three innocents it seemed he wanted to save) isn't more virtuous than figuring it out as soon as possible. If it's all going to be undone anyways, there's no difference between undoing it after getting to level 20 and undoing after figuring out the skills of the people involved. The only differences from his point of view would be the level of difficulty he faces going forward and the number of people he has to watch die because he didn't do everything he could to solve the mystery as soon as possible.

But again, it's better for the story that he face a more difficult challenge.

Dex-chan lover
@dcontam
Being killed has no benefit to him, he does not need their skills, he does not have room for their skills and he does not want their skills. Not right now at least, in the future he will have more skill slots and may come across situations where he needs one or more of their skills, but doing it now is a TERRIBLE idea as he can only take a skill from somebody the first time he is killed by them. Wasting that chance now needlessly is the height of stupidity.

Furthermore, letting three innocent people die, then letting many more people die on the way to level 20, then going back in time to redo it all
He didn't "let them die" and he's not going all the way to floor 20, stop inventing up BS in your head ffs. He's seen all of this happen once before, remember? The MC has a plan already because he knows roughly what to expect on floor 12.

It seems pointless to discuss this with you, you're as likely to listen to others as Heretic Inquisitor is. I guess you'll simply have to wait and see what our MC does and why.

@Amplify

I can't believe I have to point out something obvious, but here goes: even if you don't need something, that doesn't mean there's no benefit. You might not need a car to get to work, but if it gets you there faster than walking, that's a benefit.

To begin with, there's no guarantee that he'll even get an opportunity to get killed by these people in the future; after all, they're supposed to be his allies! Nothing is lost from doing it right now while the opportunity exists. Even if he doesn't take any of their skills, he benefits from the knowledge that he gains from seeing what skills they have.

I'm going based on what's happened in the manhwa so far. He said he wanted to save those 3 and you yourself said he can't stand to see people die because he's a paragon of virtue. But his actions are clearly pushing him towards a less optimal path with more deaths.

You're the one acting like a religious fanatic. I like this series, but that doesn't mean I have to put on the blinders and worship the protagonist as if he's perfect and incapable of mistakes.

Dex-chan lover
@dcontam
I can't believe I have to point out something obvious, but here goes: If he dies to them now for a skill he doesn't need and doesn't have the room for, then he loses any chance of getting said skill in the future when he may need it. That's called a detriment.
You might not need a car to get to work, but if it gets you there faster than walking, that's a benefit.
That's called a 'convenience', and if using it came with some downside you weren't okay with (for example if your car was fuelled with the screams of innocent children) then you'd rather make do without and simply walk there.

To begin with, there's no guarantee that he'll even get an opportunity to get killed by these people in the future; after all, they're supposed to be his allies!
He can try asking, or jumping in front of one of their big attacks.

I'm going based on what's happened in the manhwa so far. He said he wanted to save those 3 and you yourself said he can't stand to see people die because he's a paragon of virtue. But his actions are clearly pushing him towards a less optimal path with more deaths.
They're already dead, but there's something useful he can do on the 12th floor first, but you're so full of assumptions that you apparently already know everything and how things will go.

You're the one acting like a religious fanatic. I like this series, but that doesn't mean I have to put on the blinders and worship the protagonist as if he's perfect and incapable of mistakes.
The problem is that you're inventing mistakes out of thin air, because you assume you know everything that will happen (more than the guy who's seen all the first 40 floors one before), you presume you know how his skills work better than the man himself does, and think you know better than anybody else.

@Amplify

Your argument assumes that he can in the future gain access to their skills and take them when it's convenient. That's ridiculous. By opting not to take a reward, he can only access the skills of the traitor when that traitor kills him. That's the only person who we could reasonably assume would kill him. Unless you're making further assumptions for no particular reason, it stands to reason that the path he's on now won't likely give him a chance to take the others' skills in the future anyways. As such, there's nothing to lose. He only conceivably has something to lose if you're banking on him having opportunities to be killed by them in the future, but that requires knowledge of the future which neither of us have.

In what world is convenience not a benefit? You're not conversing in good faith if can't even agree that convenience is a benefit. Seriously, if you try to argue on this point, I'm going to call you out for being a disingenuous troll.

Furthermore, your argument about "if using it came with some downside" would be reasonable if there really were any notable downsides like "screams of innocent children" - but that's obviously not the case. The only detriments he'd receive from following my plan would be spending some time to enact the plan (which isn't really a detriment because it would save time in the long run if he determined who the traitor was immediately) and having to die a few times in a row (which also isn't really a detriment because he's already died thousands of times without it really affecting him all that much). The use of a straw man argument (by invoking the "screams of innocent children" when it's not even remotely applicable) again shows that you're not really conversing in good faith.

Sure, he could try asking them to kill him, but why would they intentionally kill their ally just because he asked them to? It would only make sense to them if he revealed his own skill. The problem is that there's no way to predict how they'd react to it. They might keep it a secret, or they might leak it to others and work with others to try to capture him without killing him. It's a desperation move that should only done if there's no alternative, which there is.

Sure, he could jump in front of one of their big attacks (assuming their attacks can even be intercepted to begin with) - but that's only if he's near them and they're in a situation where they need to use big attacks. There's no guarantee that he'll be in a situation like that, but I'll admit that this could be a possibility. However, it diminishes your statement earlier about him being a paragon of virtue who doesn't want to watch people die. If he's not taking his opportunity now, then it means he's waiting to see what happens in the future to decide whether or not he should try to obtain their skills. But then that implies that the only condition he'll accept for trying to take one of their skills is if things have gone horribly wrong and he needs a new skill to help him out of a bad situation. That strategy makes sense if he wants to optimize his skillset piece by piece, undoing his setbacks as they happen, but my plan was operating under the assumption that he would rather let himself die multiple times to learn who the traitor is as soon as possible in order to reduce the number of deaths he'd need to witness. Your argument makes a lot more sense if he's optimizing his skillset without regard for any of that.

I personally try to avoid making unreasonable assumptions, and that includes assumptions about the future. You're the one who seems to think he'll be to obtain their skills in the future either by convincing them to kill him or by throwing himself in front of their big attack in some situation where they'd be inclined to use big attacks that can be intercepted. In contrast, I'm basing my plan purely on the situation he's in at the moment. As for the three innocents being "already dead"... he can go back in time to save them! If he determines who the traitor is immediately, only the traitor has to die. Maybe he won't be able to figure it out (perhaps because the role of traitor is forced upon someone at random), but he could at least try it - to minimize the number of deaths he has to witness, if that's indeed something he cares about.

As for thinking I "know better than anybody else," that's entirely in your own head. Just because I have an opinion that doesn't agree with yours doesn't mean I think I'm always right. If anything, the fact that you would even say something like that implies that you believe that anyone and everyone who disagrees with you on a single topic must be an egotistical asshole whose only reason for disagreeing with you is not because you failed to provide a convincing argument, but because they think they know better than anyone else. After all, you couldn't possibly be wrong. Hypocrisy.

As for the guy who's seen the first 40 floors before, he was not in the top ten before. He's just as new to this particular situation as the readers are, so it's not reasonable to think he'd know how to handle the situation perfectly. And as I've stated before, I'm okay with the way the story is going and I don't expect him to be perfect.

Dex-chan lover
@dcontam
At this point I'd just be repeating myself and you're not listening at all, I guess you'll see in the future that you jumped the gun like an idiot.

Dex-chan lover
@dcontam
Guy who knows the future, vs guy who's talking out of his ass.
Geee, wonder which of us will end up being right. Not that you will ever, ever acknowledge you were wrong, I know your type.

@Amplify
Of course you know. You're never wrong. You're infallible. You're a genius. You think a guy who's never been in this particular situation with the goddess' gift because he's never been in the top 10 before knows precisely how to handle this particular situation, but that's not because you have come to nonsensical conclusion backed by absolutely no evidence or reason - it's because you're actually a genius who just knows that the protagonist has perfect knowledge of everything that's ever happened, even the stuff he wasn't there to witness. Just wait, I'll see in a future chapter that he did in fact have prior knowledge about this particular situation. It will definitely be revealed that he was in the top 10 all along, even as a guy who didn't have a single skill up until the beginning of this manhwa. There will definitely be proof of that, and I will definitely come crying to you that I was wrong after all. How could I not have seen the light that you tried to shine upon me by offering up such wonderful evidence, like him having perfect future knowledge about this particular situation and a perfect plan to deal with it despite never having been in this situation before? 🤡

Nah. I'd say you're a pot calling a kettle black, but I've actually had discussions with people before and consistently recognized their valid points when they've made sense - much the same as I did with you when I recognized that your point about waiting for a chance to jump in front of a big attack in some future event that may or may not occur was conceivably valid if his motivation was to optimize his skillset piece by piece under those specific circumstances rather than to attempt to figure out who the traitor is as soon as possible. Personally, I think it's easier to just accept that the protagonist does in fact want to figure out who the traitor is as soon as possible but, because he's not a perfect Gary Stu, he doesn't automatically know the optimal way to do that.

Can you honestly say that you're willing to admit when someone has made a valid point? Let's be real. You couldn't even agree that convenience is a benefit.

Dex-chan lover
@dcontam
His abilities still don't work the way you seem to think they do.
A random ability from one of them would be far, far less useful to him compared to one from the 12th floor. You keep wanting him to waste his one chance to take a skill from each of the top 6 rankers when he only gets one chance and doesn't know what skills they have, you're asking him to throw away his one chance to take a skill from each of them for a spin of the roulette wheel for a skill that may not help the current situation *at all* and he has no spare skill slots to hold until he levels up again.
He may not have been in the top 10 previously or anywhere close, but he's a ranker otaku who knows almost every single ranker (except their skills) and the details of each floor up to 40 because he's watched it on TV over and over again.
You keep screeching on and on about finding the traitor, when he can simply turn it into a situation where he doesn't have to at all.
That's just it - your oh so brilliant (so you think) plans are all treating the symptoms and are not the cure. Your plan is bad and you should feel bad, but when the MC doesn't want to do exactly what you believe he should do then you label him an idiot.

Again - he doesn't have room for all their skills, lie detector wouldn't help him (if it didn't work for the Paladin, why do you suddenly think it would be any different for him?), he would only have one chance ever for a skill from each of them and now's not the right time for it, you're irredeemably stuck in the mindset of "must find traitor to progress" and "only the acquisition of the top 10 ranker's skills can save the day!", when your basic understanding of the situation is flawed and you need to rethink it from the ground up.

@Amplify

His abilities still don't work the way you seem to think they do.
A random ability from one of them would be far, far less useful to him compared to one from the 12th floor.
Firstly, where's your basis for this statement? From reading ahead in the novel? From reading beyond this chapter? My position has always been based on what we know so far up to this chapter in the manhwa. I haven't even read beyond this chapter because we're still discussing this one. So tell me, how do you know there's a more useful skill on the 12th floor?

Secondly, if you think that a top 10's skill falls into the category of "random" and "far, far less useful" than this mysterious 12th floor skill you seem to think exists, then you're just plain wrong. He can find out every skill they have and potentially pick one or two - not randomly, but based on what he think will help him in the long run using his knowledge of the other floors as a basis to pick the most useful ones.

you're asking him to throw away his one chance to take a skill from each of them for a spin of the roulette wheel for a skill that may not help the current situation *at all* and he has no spare skill slots to hold until he levels up again.
Again, you're proving that you didn't even read what I said. You're banking on him being able to even have access to their skills in the future. There's no way to guarantee that he'll get people who are supposed to be his allies to kill him. The only one that's guaranteed to try to kill him in the future is the traitor.

Furthermore, he'd be spinning a roulette wheel regardless of when he does it; he could very well find himself in a difficult situation in the future and he may try to take an ally's skill at that very moment. But just because he finds himself in that difficult situation, that doesn't mean they'll magically have the exact skill he needs in that situation. In other words, he'll be spinning the roulette wheel hoping he gets lucky regardless of when he does it. The only difference is that he actually has the opportunity to spin that wheel right now (for multiple top 10 rankers), whereas he might never get the opportunity to spin it in the future (for any of them except the traitor). Your speculated future scenario is like spinning the wheel multiple times - once to encounter a situation where he can get killed by a ranker, then once again to acquire the exactly the right skill from exactly the right ranker at exactly the right time, with both multiplied by the number of rankers whose skill he hasn't acquired yet.

he's a ranker otaku who knows almost every single ranker
That doesn't automatically give him knowledge of everyone's skills. Case in point: the first skill he took purely by chance was one he never even knew existed. People's secret skills are just that - secret.

You keep screeching on and on about finding the traitor, when he can simply turn it into a situation where he doesn't have to at all.
You're the one who said he's a paragon of virtue who wants to witness the least deaths possible. If he solves it immediately then only the traitor dies and the three innocents who were killed wouldn't have to die. This is based on your own statement about the protagonist's character. The only way that holds true is if he's not really as perfect as you're making him out to be, otherwise he'd do whatever he could to avoid having to witness future deaths that come as a result of the traitor not being caught.

treating the symptoms and are not the cure
Let's get this straight. In your mind, solving the initial problem that will inevitably lead to future complications is "treating the symptoms"? K.

Your plan is bad and you should feel bad, but when the MC doesn't want to do exactly what you believe he should do then you label him an idiot.
Still making up shit? I never called him an idiot. I said he isn't perfect. I also said that it's entirely reasonable to not be perfect in a situation that he's never faced before. I even went on to say that it's a good thing that he's not a perfect Gary Stu, because that would make the manhwa less interesting.

Do you really not see the difference? Only a narcissist would think that not being called perfect is the same as an insult.

lie detector wouldn't help him (if it didn't work for the Paladin, why do you suddenly think it would be any different for him?)
Yet again proving that you didn't actually read what I said. I said that he could use the current opportunity to possibly determine if one of them has a skill that would make their lies undetectable. For that to happen, all he has to do is die by their hands. At no point did I say he would acquire the lie detecting ability.

More to the point, it's not possible to get that skill in this situation because the Paladin is certainly not killing anyone - unless she's secretly a villain who was able to convince herself that she's never killed anyone so that she shows up as having killed zero people, but that's certainly not something that we'd find out in this situation while she's surrounded by other people. It would be incredibly dumb to think he could even possibly get that skill under the circumstances; good thing that's not what I said.

Nor did I say the plan would absolutely succeed - because there's also the possibility that the system lied about someone being a traitor in the first place. But whether or not the plan succeeds in determining who the traitor is, it's still worthwhile taking the advantage of the situation because there are potentially high-level benefits with no quantifiable downsides (aside from losing out on speculative future possibilities that rely on contrived circumstances to even become possible in the first place).

he doesn't have room for all their skills
He doesn't need all their skills. You're irredeemably stuck in the mindset of "must acquire skills of all the top rankers" when even just seeing their skills is a major advantage. Knowledge is power. If one or two of them do in fact have such a great skill that he'd want them, then that's a bonus. Potentially acquiring two incredible skills early on is certainly not a disadvantage because it means he'll definitely be more capable of handling situations in the future (by using his knowledge of the later floors to decide which skills would be most beneficial).

you're irredeemably stuck in the mindset of "must find traitor to progress"
Still making up shit. I never said he wouldn't be able to progress on his current path. What I said was that is that he had an opportunity to make things more convenient for himself. Speaking of convenience, you still haven't been able to agree that it's a benefit.

"only the acquisition of the top 10 ranker's skills can save the day!"
Yet another instance of you proving that you didn't read what I said. Also, irony much? You're the one who thinks he shouldn't acquire those skills now because he'll need to acquire those skills in the future.

As for my plan, it's entirely about making things easier on himself in the long run - convenience, not necessity. The fact that you still haven't gotten that point into your head by now shows me that you're really not reading what I've said. To get back to the point of convenience, just seeing (not necessarily acquiring) the skills the others have could possibly solve the mystery of the traitor right away - which means less complications (and deaths) in the future. As for taking the skills, he doesn't need them, but those skills that he could acquire now would definitely benefit him - and it's convenient that he's in a situation where he could acquire them right now, rather than waiting for an opportunity in the future (that might never come) to take them.

I'd rethink my position if you actually tried to defend your assertions about what he'll be able to do in the future (even though the protagonist himself can't possibly know how everything will happen unless for some reason he's able to treat his fellow rankers as puppets who will obey his every command and he can therefore mitigate every problem that occurs as they go through the floors), but all you've done so far is willfully misinterpret my position and argue against basic facts (like when you tried to argue that convenience isn't a benefit).

The dumb thing is that I've given you opportunity after opportunity to defend your position, but not once have you ever tried to provide evidence that he will in fact be able to acquire their skills in the future. All you've done is blindly assert without evidence that he'll lose his chance to take their skills at the perfect time in the future - and for some reason you think that I should be convinced on that one point alone.

Give me a reason to keep this discussion going. Defend your argument; prove to me that the one potential downside you have mentioned (i.e. missing out on opportunities to take skills in future circumstances that we don't yet know of) is legitimate. Keep in mind that having knowledge of the floors doesn't mean he knows how the rankers act (e.g. Heretic Inquisitor going ballistic completely surprised him).

Dex-chan lover
@dcontam
Yeah I ain't reading any of that, you're just too autistic for me to even bother. There is literally no helping you.

Users who are viewing this thread