Sugar Girl Drip - Ch. 4 - Wishlist

Dex-chan lover
I'm going to ignore all the warning signs and just say this was very cute. I hope it stays this way.
maybe something will happen halfway through with like the blonde girl dying but she'd only be half done with her 'wishlist' and then following her into death after she finishes it up or so, if it goes that way but hopefully they can have a happy ending

if not just like go to jail but still more or less 'absolved' (not that they're 'that' guilty but if they were rich and multilingual i'm sure there'd be a ver of this manga where theyd' go off to one of those countries without 'extradition' treaties or whatever they're called)

Dex-chan lover
Nah why do I feel like the last page lifted a “incoming police investigation” flag??
at the very least there'd prolly be a missing person kinda investigation/posting esp since two employees suddenly 'quit'/run away after the 'boss/owner' stopped showing up

unless maid cafes/that kinda place had a 'revolving door' of employees to where it wouldn't noticeable if some girls quit every few months b/c they got sick of it or made enough

Dex-chan lover
I mean, we still don't know if the father is dead or not, so I have a feeling he will appear later, to settle Marie's trauma one and for all.

Dex-chan lover
On one hand, glad I didn't drop this because it's genuinely interesting. On the other, I should probably stop reading series that threaten my sobriety 😂

Not shocked at all that Marie went straight to the "keep Aki under her thumb at all costs" route, and I love how panel five on p.27 you can downright see the moment Marie realizes Aki is so brutalized and submissive that all she has to do is the bare minimum and she'll stay faithful. But even so, Marie is so incapable of trust that even a kindred spirit isn't safe from her survival strategies, which include controlling those who "know too much".

Really getting "Sadoko and the Thousand Paper Cranes" from the wish journal, someone mentioned a plot catalyst might be one of the leads dying without completing it and I can definitely see that although it hopefully seems like both will be around for the long haul.

Just please let the SA be over with, I had to skip lunch after chapter 2 😭

Dex-chan lover
While I'm seeing pink flags flying everywhere I'm still hoping the MC shows some growth too. It's less noticeable because she's girl bossing her way through her own trauma, but going through the wish process with another girl might help her open up for real too. Right now she's still hiding behind her own image armor while having flashbacks and nobody close enough to her to share with.

Group Leader
I think the last panel should be "So long as you don't betray me" which shows that Marie is still insecure and cannot trust Aki enough. Hopefully this would not come back to bite her, like if she would do something to Aki because she mistakenly thought that Aki did something to betray her.

Dex-chan lover
I think the last panel should be "So long as you don't betray me" which shows that Marie is still insecure and cannot trust Aki enough. Hopefully this would not come back to bite her, like if she would do something to Aki because she mistakenly thought that Aki did something to betray her.
Huh, I was pretty sure I've heard people using "so long" (=provided that, on the condition that, as long as) without "as" before, but after searching, I found no evidence for this. But yes, you are correct. Thank you! :bocchiwave:

Last edited:
I mean, we still don't know if the father is dead or not, so I have a feeling he will appear later, to settle Marie's trauma one and for all.
I thought in her flashback in the previous chapter it showed she murdered him just like she did to the owner of the cafe. If he did survive then Aki probably going to kill him for her.

Users who are viewing this thread