Suits no Kuni

... did he just save their lives by live streaming?? The police dont care if their being filmed makes sense that a mafia boss would lmao

That was terrible, and somewhat racist.

Ah, i knew that there would this kind of comment. You realize that neither "arab" nor "muslim" is equivalent with race, right?

I can agree with it being not-good though, mainly because of invasive product placement and stock japanese lifestyle phrases forced into script. Throw those out and it becomes somewhat decent. And the art's very good.

Dex-chan lover
@mikegnesium: You could have taken it as him saying it's xenophobic rather than trying to nitpick, because that's obviously the idea he was trying to get across, and it's indeed a valid point.
On a side note, the writing is pretty bad even if you ignore the "product placement". Looks like a story written by a kid. There's no depth to the mafia boss - he's the equivalent of a villain from a cartoon (along with his goons). You have that ridiculous deus ex machina at the end to make the "lived happily ever after" possible. Add to that the obnoxious melodramatic story of the heroine (that is there to only give an illusion of depth) and the lack of any trace of the MC's backbone and you get the picture. It's a poorly written manga. Also the art is not very good. Oh Great's art would be very good or houtengeki's art - not this thing.

Contributor
@Trippy:

In the author's defence, this was written in 2010, when it was less obvious from examples what the outcome of this sort of use of these technologies would be in this situation.

Dex-chan lover
So a low-income person from a third world nation manages to afford an iPhone in two years. That's some crazy economic growth right there (either that or she managed to take over the geezer's drug business). Oh, this was terrible btw.

This one is a bad oneshot tbh ?

But i do love the author's other oneshot "Ipaasha" (which was written in 2012, 2 years after this one)

Users who are viewing this thread