SUNNY 16 - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - Aaaaah, It's All Over!

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Aug 21, 2023
Messages
152
Nice panelling here, flexing all the techniques in this chapter. She almost Shinji-ed into fish eye panic during the interview.

Feels like this was drafted in a way to spin it into an ending if an axe would have happened, the finality would have worked at least. I thought we'd see more of her growing into photography, guess she will learn most of it in class now.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 17, 2023
Messages
5,184
Hurray, she got into art school! And- FUCK AND SHIT, she got into art school!

Swinging her camera into the college interviewers' faces is a bold move. A move that could either come across as quirky and interesting, or pretentious and contrived. Either these folks liked it, or they're fine accepting a few wierdos so long as the checks clear. A lot of colleges are like that these days. The students can suck ass, so long as the enrollment is good and the student loan money is coming in.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jun 3, 2018
Messages
287
Please don't be over soon. I need my daily dose of motivation from art-centric manga. Bakuman has lost its steam and I don't know what I'm thinking when I'm reading Rin.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
8,637
So many emotions, and while they didn't dwelt into the graduation part, it was great how they show the mom's perspective, they just grow one day and ready to leave the nest, even when the parents aren't ready, is a very important moment and I'm glad they took a commemorative photo.

Wow all of the staff are very talented!

Hope all of her friends do well too
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Sep 30, 2018
Messages
100
I'm glad this is still going.

Please don't be over soon. I need my daily dose of motivation from art-centric manga. Bakuman has lost its steam and I don't know what I'm thinking when I'm reading Rin.
Have you tried Blue Period?
 
Joined
May 29, 2025
Messages
4
I really love how the mangaka portrays these everyday scenes as photographs. Photographs are as much capturing emotions as the scene through your viewfinder, so these moments, where the subject come into focus, where these photo-esque panels are brought into clarity, all to signify the emotions of the observer...

It's really evocative. It's so cool...

Anyway, much thanks for the translation!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top