Sushi-ya VS Ojousama - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Group Leader
Wasn't there already a ch.2? Like, where she ordered ramen, and she had it eat it all, and they gave double portions at that restaurant? Where'd that go? :thonk:
Yeah, you can read the title's comment. But basically, the ramen will be chapter 3, it was uploaded on the author's twitter, but turned out it was just a sneak peek. I had to pay for both version and will be translating them all.

His doing the iconic sensei meme 😭

UE36VVx.jpeg
ygxkYP7.jpeg

Double-page supporter
There are restaurants in Japan that sell Indian (style?) food?
I guess this manga is about the different kinds of cuisines that restaurants have there instead of just sushi restaurants and Japanese cuisine in general.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
I guess this manga is about the different kinds of cuisines that restaurants have there instead of just sushi restaurants and Japanese cuisine in general.

Well, not exactly. I just got back from Japan last week. What's going on right now is that there's an Indian curry trend going around and a bunch of Japanese curry or curry-adjacent joints are adding Indian or Indian-adjacent dishes to their menu. What do I mean by that? Well, they have butter chicken omurice now. This is a curry-adjacent (omurice is sometimes mixed with curry) restaurant doing an Indian-adjacent (butter chicken is the American version of Indian murgh makhani) menu addition. The more serious curry joints are doing more Indian-style curry dishes, but don't expect real Indian food.

Double-page supporter
Well, not exactly. I just got back from Japan last week. What's going on right now is that there's an Indian curry trend going around and a bunch of Japanese curry or curry-adjacent joints are adding Indian or Indian-adjacent dishes to their menu. What do I mean by that? Well, they have butter chicken omurice now. This is a curry-adjacent (omurice is sometimes mixed with curry) restaurant doing an Indian-adjacent (butter chicken is the American version of Indian murgh makhani) menu addition. The more serious curry joints are doing more Indian-style curry dishes, but don't expect real Indian food.
Thanks for the info. I said that mainly because of the restaurant was named rasoi and they were selling lassi.

Dex-chan lover
Japanese-style curry still predominates, which is Japan's own weird hybrid thing, but you also see plenty of joints that do the kind of Punjabi dishes that we're all pretty familiar with in the US and the UK. Japan has a lot of expats, guest workers, etc. from different parts of south Asia, just depends where you go. Nagoya, as a for-instance, has a ton of Pakistani restaurants in the southerly part of town down by the port.

Dex-chan lover
lol i'm not super into spicy food outside chicken (my tolerance might've improved more) but man i imagine as a kid i guess it might be good to build up tolerance early?
ayo something awakening
:meguupog:
I mean, i guess eating spicy foods does release endorphins? It's apparently a 'thing 'in korea to eat spicy things as stress relief or like before exams or so or whatever , or if they just enjoy it with the 'fire chicken' challenge
Japanese-style curry still predominates, which is Japan's own weird hybrid thing, but you also see plenty of joints that do the kind of Punjabi dishes that we're all pretty familiar with in the US and the UK. Japan has a lot of expats, guest workers, etc. from different parts of south Asia, just depends where you go. Nagoya, as a for-instance, has a ton of Pakistani restaurants in the southerly part of town down by the port.
I'm sure there's diff varieties if you look long enough I think Solitary Gourmet had the main chara go to a Brazilian heavily influenced city in Japan to try some 'traditional' dishes

Users who are viewing this thread