Suterare Kishi no Gyakutenki! - Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
I mean, it looks very unoriginal....

But that's not necessarily damning. You CAN have a manga that is not original, but still has decent execution.

Let's wait and see.

Double-page supporter
Ya know what.... I feel like a betting man today. I'll put down $3.50 and a coupon for a cheeseburger that it was the Goddess all along.

Before I take that bet I'm gonna need to know where and when that coupon is valid.

Dex-chan lover
Oh hey, I remember when Vol. 1 of this came out and made the rounds.

While it actually tracked decently, especially for a random small writer, those who gave it a chance found it to be ultra uninteresting—not even awful or cringe-worthy, just pure, unfiltered dullness. Vol. 2 is tracking poorly, and most people I know in the JP discords I lurk around about this kind of manga (Betrayal, Fantasy, Expelled, etc etc), simply dropped it.

That being said, this is ComicPolca we're talking about, and a manga can persist here for a long time, even with numbers that would get you axed by any other publisher, lmao.

Supporter
Oh hey, I remember when Vol. 1 of this came out and made the rounds.

While it actually tracked decently, especially for a random small writer, those who gave it a chance found it to be ultra uninteresting—not even awful or cringe-worthy, just pure, unfiltered dullness. Vol. 2 is tracking poorly, and most people I know in the JP discords I lurk around about this kind of manga (Betrayal, Fantasy, Expelled, etc etc), simply dropped it.

That being said, this is ComicPolca we're talking about, and a manga can persist here for a long time, even with numbers that would get you axed by any other publisher, lmao.
GENERIC
generic_brands_web_700x650.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I mean, it looks very unoriginal....

But that's not necessarily damning. You CAN have a manga that is not original, but still has decent execution.

Let's wait and see.
With how many manga is being spat out monthly, it's hard to make anything 'original' at this point, especially when it's really taking a previously produced idea and alter it into something different that's perceived through a different lens.

Users who are viewing this thread