Tabetemo Oishiku Arimasen - Vol. 4 Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
whats with the last panel? my guess is that he detests the smell of demons so he likes Hiyori as he is (but he smells like Hodaka cause duh)

• since the outburst where he was called a "hornless", there is rumors of a human attending their school. Hiyori's a little shaken because there is prejudice against humans. last chapter, it's been alluded to that Hiyori's best friend might have found out that he's human among intensified. (though it leads on that the lion-dog and Hodaka might have a hand in those rumors)
  • the lion dog whose made his debut in this volume (last four chapter) has been provoking Hodaka by being in close proximity to Hiyori, which he wouldn't otherwise be okay with. the lion dogs comment about, "I wouldn't want anyone getting close to the person I like." struck a cord with Hiyori.
    • what's funny is that he ends up third wheeling in this chapter like the previous stalking horse.
What I like about this volume despite the angst is that we're seeing a side of Hiyori without him being under influence. He's lacks a sense of danger and is a bit of a idealist, but has a hard time approaching things he says he'll do, and has a unhealthy stress response by doubting himself. He thinks about related people when he already takes action, and has a habit of trying to do it on his own.
The only two points that we're probably going to get answers to:
  • what is the motive behind the lion-dog. it's possible that he likes Hiyori and is trying to isolate him because he doesn't like the smell of demons. it just so happens to be the case that the popular guy having twisted affection is a cliche. but it's also unlikely given the atmosphere for this manga.
  • what is with Hodaka's response? why not angry at the lion dog (in front of others), and what is he doing that requires Hodaka to keep distance from Hiyori? I think it's unlikely that Hodaka may be the one trying to isolate Hiyori as almost all of this threats are overbearing, pillowy and affectionate. since Hodaka greatly values himself and Hiyori's independent wants

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Cool cool so Lion-Dog is um starting shit. Nice but umm, I’m a little bit more curious about Hiyori’s friend. Cause that’s his buddy right there, did homeboy find out? Like is Hiyori about to be outed?!

(Also major thanks to the translators.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread