Tada Shiawasena Isekai Kazoku Seikatsu - Vol. 2 Ch. 11 - I Want to Make Wheels!!

Dex-chan lover
Alright, I'm dropping this. I can't fricking believe he needed to teach those people what a wheel is. I'm surprised they could eat without the MC first teaching them how. Well, actually they didn't even eat properly before his mighty appearance. This is the worst isekai in the deplorable "Japanese person teaches hairy barbarians" category that I've seen so far. Even I have my limits.

Dex-chan lover
so we're just skimming over the fact that he INVENTED THE WHEEL, that is the biggest invention that world has ever seen and we're just skipping that to focus on the waterwheel....? waterwheel is so specific in it's purpose but the wheel is universal and will change how the world works MC why are you ignoring this? capitalize on it

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, def brain dead story. But I think that much was obvious since chap 3 or so.
The story's main appeal, imo, are just the kids being cute kids. Everything else is the author just abusing the "I'm a futuristic ninpon-man who can apparently do anything" isekai angle mindlessly.
P.S: I am actually surprised the MC hasn't lectured the entire village, for 2 chapters straight, about the magnificence of the Supreme Japanese Bath, and converted most of their landmass to a hotspring resort.

Dex-chan lover
...Okay, yeah no. There is no fucking way that their civilization is that far along and they still haven't invented the fucking wheel. A water wheel? Okay, sure. But THE VERY CONCEPT OF A WHEEL HAVING TO BE EXPLAINED AND INVENTED?!

...No.

Dex-chan lover
idk why but i'm usually like the people above who gets their mood ruined when stumbling the dropping point of a manga/hwa/hua but now it's just funny to me how fucking dumb can this be like it's understandable that they don't know how to properly cook eels and preserve it by smoking, or invention of charcoal but not fucking carts, man.

legit lmao when he explained how wheels works

Contributor
And here I was complaining last chapter about their plans for charcoal being unrealistic colonizer-kitsch! Man, I had no idea.

You know, I think this chapter is actually vying for the single most egregious unaware-self-parody of the "modren man bringeth civilization to these savages" trope I've seen in isekai yet.

Contributor
They even have SWORDS

Honestly, swords are about the same age as wheels, as far as we know (5,000 years back in either case; either may have been around a bit longer than we know of, but both are surprisingly recent)

But... these people also have hinges, and paper (paper!) blueprints as a casual concept (imagine showing the first or second wheel in the world on a paper blueprint). It's impossible to take seriously.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, swords are about the same age as wheels, as far as we know (5,000 years back in either case; either may have been around a bit longer than we know of, but both are surprisingly recent)

But... these people also have hinges, and paper (paper!) blueprints as a casual concept (imagine showing the first or second wheel in the world on a paper blueprint). It's impossible to take seriously.
Aye. Thanks for pointing that out.
It's kinda bizarre considering that they have horses, work animal that can utilize wheels for transport

Contributor
Aye. Thanks for pointing that out.
It's kinda bizarre considering that they have horses, work animal that can utilize wheels for transport
Horses were probably also domesticated around the same time, incidentally! (Well, for values of 'the same time' that also mean 'within a few hundred years of each other')

To the extent that the author and artist were thinking of sincerely representing that sort of period in bronze age society, though, they really don't seem to have cared much about the details.

Dex-chan lover
They have windows, metal grate fireplaces, the concept of a monarchy and everything mentioned by others in the comments above me, yet they have no clue what a wheel is? do they not even use logs as rollers?

Users who are viewing this thread