Takako-san

Dex-chan lover
I've read 12 chapters of this and there is no 'real stuff' so far. Only slice of life boredom hell. Dropped.
Agreed, although it did have kind of an idea of something at the beginning. It wasn't really well fleshed out, and unless you've lived out in the middle of nowhere before it's sort of hard to convey. Hell, I sort of get it since I grew up in, left, and came back to live in the boonies, but it's quite a stretch for anything more than a oneshot with that premise.

At some point it stopped even that schtick and now it's "slice of life with a boring, bug-eyed lady" that tries to be insightful but fails.

Dex-chan lover
Agreed, although it did have kind of an idea of something at the beginning. It wasn't really well fleshed out, and unless you've lived out in the middle of nowhere before it's sort of hard to convey. Hell, I sort of get it since I grew up in, left, and came back to live in the boonies, but it's quite a stretch for anything more than a oneshot with that premise.

At some point it stopped even that schtick and now it's "slice of life with a boring, bug-eyed lady" that tries to be insightful but fails.
Idk what y'all talking about, this is THE slice of life. Takako the protag is simply just a vehicle for pondering the small things in life which are the focus of each chapter. This is arguably the perfect use for a Mary Sue character because the character is never the main focus in the first place. This series doesn't have extremely well fleshed out characters or exciting events because that's not the point at all in the first place.

And this "Schtick dropped" argument is just false. It was never dropped, most if not every chapters always have something to do with things that she hear. Remember that she doesn't have extremely good hearing. It's just slightly better, not even that significant to be put in a resume.

tl;dr you either click with this series or you don't, That's fine. But as someone who clicked with this series, this is the REALEST stuff.

Dex-chan lover
Hey whatever works for people.

But realest of real?
I must live in a hellhole and interact with only country bumpkin methheads if this is what people consider real.

Edit:
I realize I shouldn't just come in arguing like a 5 year old just on a difference of opinion and I apologize.
I'm an adult and I should restrain my more petulant outbursts.

I'll leave the original text struck through for context

Last edited:

BCS

Dex-chan lover
I didn't care a bit about Wakako-zake but this is nice and chill

Personally, I feel like I missed how this fits the supernatural genre, due to the fact that I also have sensitive hearing, though I guess the supernatural tag might have been added because takako-San is not completely normal. Of course, that’s merely speculation.

Users who are viewing this thread