Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari ~ Girl's Side Story - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - Behind the Celebration

Dex-chan lover
Nice chapter. Sincerely, I like this adaptation more than the original one, though it won't sustain itself in the long run since the story focuses on the Shield Hero and only the first arc focuses on Raphtalia, for the rest of the story there are just so many characters that her importance shrinks, but even so, it's a good complement.

Nice chapter. Sincerely, I like this adaptation more than the original one, though it won't sustain itself in the long run since the story focuses on the Shield Hero and only the first arc focuses on Raphtalia, for the rest of the story there are just so many characters that her importance shrinks, but even so, it's a good complement.
She remains the most important female character and she's always doing something important throughout the story. Currently in the OG manga Naofumi became lord of Raphtalia's village so now Raphtalia and Naofumi are searching for the children of the village and Raphtalia is becoming ever more desperate to find them.

They only need to make her the focus instead of Naofumi and the series could go a pretty long way.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
She remains the most important female character and she's always doing something important throughout the story. Currently in the OG manga Naofumi became lord of Raphtalia's village so now Raphtalia and Naofumi are searching for the children of the village and Raphtalia is becoming ever more desperate to find them.

They only need to make her the focus instead of Naofumi and the series could go a pretty long way.
Man, melty, the spirit tortoise, most of calmira island, in all of those she was merely there without contributing much narrative-wise, yeah in Zeltobe and her arc on that island I forgot the name are the last times I remember her having the spotlight (though I stopped reading after volume 15, it was getting too boring and Naofumi too powerful, without problems you don't have a story, and in a slow pace is easy to get bored before the conflict begins)

Man, melty, the spirit tortoise, most of calmira island, in all of those she was merely there without contributing much narrative-wise, yeah in Zeltobe and her arc on that island I forgot the name are the last times I remember her having the spotlight (though I stopped reading after volume 15, it was getting too boring and Naofumi too powerful, without problems you don't have a story, and in a slow pace is easy to get bored before the conflict begins)
Around the time of Melty she confronted Idol and got revenge on her abuser.
Q-ten lo? That lasted 2 volumes and was volume 13/14.
The two times that she's apart from Naofumi (otherworld arc and captured by tact) could make for some nice additions to this SS too.
Raphtalia is always important narrative wise because Naofumi wouldn't even have the motivation to move his butt and save the world if not for Raphtalia's existence. She's the character that's almost always by his side but she's independent enough to be doing her own stuff too. The LN is just weird because it's first person perspective. In the LN, even in the first arc the focus was clearly on Naofumi, but since this story is from Raphtalia's perspective, the roles get flipped. It becomes less about the shield hero being betrayed and more about Raphtalia living her new life and coming to terms with her feelings to Naofumi, as well as helping who she can along the way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread