Tenisaki wa Kusushi ga Sukunai Sekaideshita - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
Hey, this is alive. Wait, what is this now again?

Do they not have short people there at all? They keep mentioning her size, but not that she has a young face or something like that.

In all honesty, if he had asked her if she would make the potions in exchange for living there, I think she'd feel better about it.

But so far, she's mostly just been dragged around to meet the new world and the mansion. Nothing too exciting.

Fed-Kun's army
I just started reading this not long ago knowing that it hasn't been updated for a long while, so I'm really glad someone is picking this back up! Thanks!

I wonder if the younger brother charmed them.

Dex-chan lover
Damn it carl! You can't be the cliche villainous brother (is he the brother? I forgot his name already)
Do they not have short people there at all? They keep mentioning her size, but not that she has a young face or something like that.
Compared to them she is small, so if we assume that everyone is the height of europe and she the height of japan, it's normal to assume that she is a kid.

Dex-chan lover
Compared to them she is small, so if we assume that everyone is the height of europe and she the height of japan, it's normal to assume that she is a kid.
"Height of Europe"... Even within a single country there's a huge range of heights. It only makes sense if you assume the population is even more homogenous than in Japan.

Dex-chan lover
"Height of Europe"... Even within a single country there's a huge range of heights. It only makes sense if you assume the population is even more homogenous than in Japan.
I believe the average height difference is around 7 CM from japan to most european countries. And she is especially small by the looks of things. Oh and also it looks like where they live she is also pretty small, so even more reason to assume she is a child.

Dex-chan lover
I believe the average height difference is around 7 CM from japan to most european countries. And she is especially small by the looks of things. Oh and also it looks like where they live she is also pretty small, so even more reason to assume she is a child.
Average height means very little in the face of actual people. And I literally mean face, as that's what people generally tend to use when determining how old they think someone is. As I said, and you ignored, height changes so much even within a single country that average height is irrelevant and assuming age because of height is straight up dumb or ignorant.

Dex-chan lover
Average height means very little in the face of actual people. And I literally mean face, as that's what people generally tend to use when determining how old they think someone is. As I said, and you ignored, height changes so much even within a single country that average height is irrelevant and assuming age because of height is straight up dumb or ignorant.
Yet we don't talk about the entire country. The region she is in appear to be pretty small, demons don't appear to be small by default too, so her height is smaller that what it would be if she was an adult from this area.

Dex-chan lover
Yet we don't talk about the entire country. The region she is in appear to be pretty small, demons don't appear to be small by default too, so her height is smaller that what it would be if she was an adult from this area.
She's a head shorter than MMC, and he's taller than his brother. She doesn't stand out as being particularly short in crowds. There is no sensible reason to assume she's a child because of her height.

I'm just going to assume author, artist, or a translation error.

Fed-Kun's army
She's a head shorter than MMC, and he's taller than his brother. She doesn't stand out as being particularly short in crowds. There is no sensible reason to assume she's a child because of her height.

I'm just going to assume author, artist, or a translation error.
The Raws says:
"しょうがない じゃないか
元々小さい種族 なんだし-!"

Romanji:
"Shouganai janaika
Motomoto chisaishuzoku nandashi-!"

種 (shu) - species, kind, class, variety, seed
族 (zoku) - tribe, family

Which roughly translates to:
"It can't be helped.
We're a small Species/kind/tribe to begin with"

Our group also discuss about this. But she could be talking about her race/tribe as a japanese (known for having the smallest height in east asian region) or... because of her chest area being not so well developed. It's not a tl error

Last edited:
Thanks for picking up this series, completely forgot abt it 😅!

Speaking of heights, Earhart is 2,4m/7'10 tall and the butler around 2,3m/7'5, looking at some other characters' info - theyre all at least over 2m/6'5 tall, fmc is only 1,65m/5'4 tall (hope i converted it correctly), so she looks tiny to them all lol
- it's mentioned in those extra pages at the end of the volumes

Dex-chan lover
Speaking of heights, Earhart is 2,4m/7'10 tall and the butler around 2,3m/7'5, looking at some other characters' info - theyre all at least over 2m/6'5 tall, fmc is only 1,65m/5'4 tall (hope i converted it correctly), so she looks tiny to them all lol
- it's mentioned in those extra pages at the end of the volumes
Thanks for the numbers. This is definitely not reflected in the art.

Our group also discuss about this. But she could be talking about her race/tribe as a japanese (know for having the smallest height in east asian region) or... because of her chest area being not so well developed. It's not a tl error
Thanks for confirmation. I was thinking it might've been more about looking young rather than actual height, and body shape isn't much of a difference with the outfit she's wearing. But if that's what it says, and accounting for the above, it seems to be the artist drawing things in a bit more conventional way that looks better on panel (severe height differences can look unnatural and limit composition, but you can also be creative with it in different ways).

Users who are viewing this thread