Tensei Goblin dakedo Shitsumon aru? - Ch. 49

Thanks for the chapter.

Surely an unpopular opinion but I can't wait to see how the story will go after that. Anyone know if there is a novel for that one ?

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter.

Surely an unpopular opinion but I can't wait to see how the story will go after that. Anyone know if there is a novel for that one ?

Dunno about novel but the manga raw is pretty far ahead (ch 80+ last I saw)

Some spoilers for people who want em
She created Goblins right after being Elf.

Because after suffering from the elves' slow 'boredom' of life, she wish to be something that's always energetic.

Soon some noble will start a war against Akira mainly as harassment towards Simon (the old man, 'friend of my heart') after Simon give noble title to Akira + put Akira as his people.
Akira curbstomped them in the straight up fight obviously and use law of the jungle to figure out the leader of this idea.

He use a shadow clone to try and law of the jungle the leader into stopping this shit, but turns out LotJ doesn't work through clone.

Well, that noble's next step to harass Akira, especially after having a guess to his skill...
He use 'brainwashing' on a mage to have them enslave and control some goblins and use those goblins to attack Akira's side.
Because of the brainwashing order, the man is 'unable' to release control of the goblins.
And even if Akira side delay things, the goblins with their shortlives/force march will just die eventually.

Akira tried and tried many methods, but nothing was working...then in desparation...he evolve.

Cut to Simon lamenting how people are foolish being that's doom to repeat history.
That the reason Last One evolved wasn't because of 'people killing too many goblins'
But rather goblins evolved when pushed into corner and their survival instinct evolve them.

Akira's unique skill is the emblem of Ishida Mitsunari ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishida_Mitsunari ) and he 'translated' to be roughly equally to "One for All, All for One" in English.
First effect is it let him know the locations of all goblins.
Second, in reference to the shadow clone failure. During its effect, anyone defeated by goblins still count as Akira's victory for LotJ.
Third, and the most important effect. In a crowd, goblins will not die from wounds. (essentially it split damage across the whole crowd + give them super fast regen)
Fourth effect, as counter against the brainwashing trick. His order on goblins has the highest authority.
(there's one more, indirect effect, but that's a bit further into the future for the reveal so eh)

Akira's counter attack is as followed.
First, he go to each separate goblin settlements to gather them (prevent further finding/using goblins as suicide squad)
Anyone with combat skills will go with Akira while the rest will head to his main settlement (shared location via skill)

Then, he start marching around, attacking the towns under that noble's control.
The goblins are afraid of killing humans, but Akira say that's fine, in fact it's better to NOT kill people, they just need to defeat them.
After defeating everyone in town, Akira then use LotJ to make them 'afraid of the sun'

Obviously if people can't go out during the day, they can't really do farming...so that absolutely cripple any town Akira passed through.
Eventually he face off against the noble, with a messenger coming in right then to drop the political killing blow that the noble's basically cutoff because he dun fuq'd.
The noble try to use Goblin Slayer on Akira, but Akira was able to easily block the strike, and while holding it give him the ominous feelings (and the nearby goblins are scared of it) he wasn't dead and broke the weapon.

There's a slightly comedic bit to the end of this arc but that's about it for the goblin king evolution part.

._ . ok gonna stop around here.

... Okay, the translation in this chapter is either too wonky or just plain wrong.

Anyone know what she's talking about with this "existence is too low" thing? I can kinda grok it, but I'm not sure...

Think of hierarchical standing basically. Despite his ability making him capable of/befitting of much higher position (goblin lord/king) he's trying to stay low (single village's chief)
By trying to stay low, he's allowing things like Izuize to push him around (even though he can probably push Izuize back if push come to shove)
Of course to fully utilize everything would means you have nothing left if more demands appear (emergencies) hence her 'slightly below' your potential part. To keep some cards hidden so if shit happen you have some more to give.

Dex-chan lover
Dunno about novel but the manga raw is pretty far ahead (ch 80+ last I saw)

Some spoilers for people who want em
She created Goblins right after being Elf.

Because after suffering from the elves' slow 'boredom' of life, she wish to be something that's always energetic.

Soon some noble will start a war against Akira mainly as harassment towards Simon (the old man, 'friend of my heart') after Simon give noble title to Akira + put Akira as his people.
Akira curbstomped them in the straight up fight obviously and use law of the jungle to figure out the leader of this idea.

He use a shadow clone to try and law of the jungle the leader into stopping this shit, but turns out LotJ doesn't work through clone.

Well, that noble's next step to harass Akira, especially after having a guess to his skill...
He use 'brainwashing' on a mage to have them enslave and control some goblins and use those goblins to attack Akira's side.
Because of the brainwashing order, the man is 'unable' to release control of the goblins.
And even if Akira side delay things, the goblins with their shortlives/force march will just die eventually.

Akira tried and tried many methods, but nothing was working...then in desparation...he evolve.

Cut to Simon lamenting how people are foolish being that's doom to repeat history.
That the reason Last One evolved wasn't because of 'people killing too many goblins'
But rather goblins evolved when pushed into corner and their survival instinct evolve them.

Akira's unique skill is the emblem of Ishida Mitsunari ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishida_Mitsunari ) and he 'translated' to be roughly equally to "One for All, All for One" in English.
First effect is it let him know the locations of all goblins.
Second, in reference to the shadow clone failure. During its effect, anyone defeated by goblins still count as Akira's victory for LotJ.
Third, and the most important effect. In a crowd, goblins will not die from wounds. (essentially it split damage across the whole crowd + give them super fast regen)
Fourth effect, as counter against the brainwashing trick. His order on goblins has the highest authority.
(there's one more, indirect effect, but that's a bit further into the future for the reveal so eh)

Akira's counter attack is as followed.
First, he go to each separate goblin settlements to gather them (prevent further finding/using goblins as suicide squad)
Anyone with combat skills will go with Akira while the rest will head to his main settlement (shared location via skill)

Then, he start marching around, attacking the towns under that noble's control.
The goblins are afraid of killing humans, but Akira say that's fine, in fact it's better to NOT kill people, they just need to defeat them.
After defeating everyone in town, Akira then use LotJ to make them 'afraid of the sun'

Obviously if people can't go out during the day, they can't really do farming...so that absolutely cripple any town Akira passed through.
Eventually he face off against the noble, with a messenger coming in right then to drop the political killing blow that the noble's basically cutoff because he dun fuq'd.
The noble try to use Goblin Slayer on Akira, but Akira was able to easily block the strike, and while holding it give him the ominous feelings (and the nearby goblins are scared of it) he wasn't dead and broke the weapon.

There's a slightly comedic bit to the end of this arc but that's about it for the goblin king evolution part.

._ . ok gonna stop around here.

Think of hierarchical standing basically. Despite his ability making him capable of/befitting of much higher position (goblin lord/king) he's trying to stay low (single village's chief)
By trying to stay low, he's allowing things like Izuize to push him around (even though he can probably push Izuize back if push come to shove)
Of course to fully utilize everything would means you have nothing left if more demands appear (emergencies) hence her 'slightly below' your potential part. To keep some cards hidden so if shit happen you have some more to give.
Ty. Makes me look forward to read it.

Dex-chan lover
Either the author or translstor just gave me a headache then.
Author it is then. People with wisdom and experience (at least in fiction) always put things in the most confusing way possible and then a pouty "I told you so" face when things play out exactly how they warned* against. Except they couldn't warn in a way that didn't take a 12th level intellect to understand.

"You're going to hurt yourself and the people you love by acting weaker than you are." or steal uncle Ben's line "with great power comes great responsibility."

Dex-chan lover
Either the author or translstor just gave me a headache then.

Author it is then. People with wisdom and experience (at least in fiction) always put things in the most confusing way possible and then a pouty "I told you so" face when things play out exactly how they warned* against. Except they couldn't warn in a way that didn't take a 12th level intellect to understand.

"You're going to hurt yourself and the people you love by acting weaker than you are." or steal uncle Ben's line "with great power comes great responsibility."
Uncle Ben's line doesn't fit in this situation. He's already taken responsibility over the goblins and acts towards their well-being.
It's the opposite, "great responsibility requires you need great power" otherwise as she said, he'll be taken advantage of.

Her problem is she's saying only half of what he needs to hear and then saying he doesn't understand. Using Uncle Ben again "With great power comes....alright Peter have a good day!"

Dex-chan lover
People are being pedantic to the point of error. The original complaint stands. The author was trying too hard to make his character seem wise. But essentially our MC needs to harness more responsibilities because his power exceeds his position and is making him weak.

It is like the MC should be in graduate school but is stuck making straight A’s in high school. It’s a waste of his power and it’s not helping his community.

Dex-chan lover
Y'know, it's nice to see an instance of one of those "powerful person comes and attacks the people the MC cares about for reasons unrelated to those people"-type characters actually go "shit, man, my bad" instead of just integrating into the cast without consequence.
For reference, I'm thinking about Regina from that one "S-class daughters" manga.

Dex-chan lover
Y'know, it's nice to see an instance of one of those "powerful person comes and attacks the people the MC cares about for reasons unrelated to those people"-type characters actually go "shit, man, my bad" instead of just integrating into the cast without consequence.
For reference, I'm thinking about Regina from that one "S-class daughters" manga.
That one was very different in that she already knew him for a long time and they had a history. As well as it wasn't really a unrelated case ether.

Dex-chan lover
That one was very different in that she already knew him for a long time and they had a history. As well as it wasn't really a unrelated case ether.
Sure, but she still attacked innocent people unprovoked and, if I'm remembering right, caused a significant amount of property damage.

Users who are viewing this thread