Tensei Gotoki De Nigerareru To Demo, Niisan? - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - Ranked Battle

Dex-chan lover
Yeah no, if I had to watch every word and action I said around people knowing they're always looking for weaknesses to exploit and steal my dream right from under me, I sure as heck couldn't be there friends. Saving all other comments about this series, this is just a really REALLY toxic environment for what are ultimately still developing minors. I get that's kinda more the norm in this world but perpetuating stuff like this is how you get magic users who have no actual sense of morality and are just loner recluses willing to stab anyone in the back to advance. At most this type of system should only be implemented in an adult setting. I'm also trying to understand how the "it could happen out to you in the field" BS is expected to be a valid excuse when the entire point is stealing information about each other to prepare and exploit known weaknesses. That's not exactly a real world field setting. They spend the first half justifying why bad match ups are okay and not just "bad luck" because that's reality and I can kinda agree with that... then they go out of their way to undermine that entirely and explain how actually the victor only won because they prepared ahead of time and specifically knew how to counter their opponent.

This is simultaneously so infuriating and dumb.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah no, if I had to watch every word and action I said around people knowing they're always looking for weaknesses to exploit and steal my dream right from under me, I sure as heck couldn't be there friends. Saving all other comments about this series, this is just a really REALLY toxic environment for what are ultimately still developing minors. I get that's kinda more the norm in this world but perpetuating stuff like this is how you get magic users who have no actual sense of morality and are just loner recluses willing to stab anyone in the back to advance. At most this type of system should only be implemented in an adult setting. I'm also trying to understand how the "it could happen out to you in the field" BS is expected to be a valid excuse when the entire point is stealing information about each other to prepare and exploit known weaknesses. That's not exactly a real world field setting. They spend the first half justifying why bad match ups are okay and not just "bad luck" because that's reality and I can kinda agree with that... then they go out of their way to undermine that entirely and explain how actually the victor only won because they prepared ahead of time and specifically knew how to counter their opponent.

Agreed, this shit is dumb af. Looks nothing but filler contents to me :dogkek:. Also, this is more like stuffs you'd see in illegal organizations kidnapping kids and training into criminals :kek:.

Dex-chan lover

I feel like they're showing both aspects of luck and research, yes bad luck with bad match up, guy was practically unbeatable with his natural armour (luck), but the dude didn't just win with that alone, he went as far as to foil her invisibility strat (research), despite him probably definitely winning without the "research" he at least put in the work/experience. Thats just my take on it. Also yeah thats quite an enviroment, i imagine it could be useful to use that knowledge to pick up information in the public or someshit like that but all these kids are just gonna grow up super screw up socially

Dex-chan lover
This could have been better than just LN advertisement if they dedicated more pages to later developments in the novels as, say, 'teasers', so that the hook of the "sister who is really fucking scary" premise could keep readers in. That's my 2 cents anyway.

Dex-chan lover

I personally think that this is also meta-advice from the author "keep on your toes, don't disregard anyone, the imouto is just waiting, perhaps she's already closer than you think."

Users who are viewing this thread