Tensei Shitara Joban de Shinu Nakabosudatta ―Hiroin Kenzoku-ka de Ikinokoru― - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.3

Dex-chan lover
That bug was rather nonsensical.
I would understand it better if it was a design defect of a door, but that should have been cut in the design, not in the mapping/modelling. Or an incomplete collision layer, but having it triggered by a button doesn't compute.
Or maybe was intentional, it would make way more sense if it was like that.

Dex-chan lover
Your maid is planning to betray you?
No worries!
Just break her mind thoroughly with hardcore s*x!
:win::thumbsup:
Heck of a setup. The maid is actually a traitor who plans on killing Ashnord when he's vulnerable, and then committing suicide herself? He could argue that he's doing this to save her. It reminds me of Dave Chappelle's hypothetical superhero:

Anyhow, it's good to see that the translators combined 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5 into a single release. This series is hard to follow when you only get 20% of a chapter once a month. And there isn't really a good reason to do it that way, when the raws are up to 9.6 already, and the uncensored raws (which the translators are using, thankfully) are up to chapter 6.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Your maid is planning to betray you?
No worries!
Just break her mind thoroughly with hardcore s*x!
:win::thumbsup:

Technically
closer to corruption with her mind is surprisingly intact
hardcore sex part is mandatory

he change her body by injecting her with demon soul (beastman, she get cat ears/tail)
then use his subordination power (obviously via sex) that change her mentality

Dex-chan lover
That bug was rather nonsensical.
I would understand it better if it was a design defect of a door, but that should have been cut in the design, not in the mapping/modelling. Or an incomplete collision layer, but having it triggered by a button doesn't compute.
Or maybe was intentional, it would make way more sense if it was like that.
I imagine it's something like the area to "use" something overlaps there (the mirror?), and when you use it you can still walk but lack collisions.
Or maybe "a" was "attack", and the attack-animation has one of those issues where the collisions move with it in a way allowing you to clip through thin geometry (and walls being one-sided, so when he is inside the wall he can go out either way)? Similar to how ppl clip in Botw (or just cross slightly too large gaps) by doing some odd shield-jump.

Dex-chan lover
I imagine it's something like the area to "use" something overlaps there (the mirror?), and when you use it you can still walk but lack collisions.
Then the event is programmed like ass. One of the first things you do in those cases is to block scene movement or use an instruction which has it integrated and if they did any event before it's not that difficult to CTRL-C/CTRL-V the core event code including the blocking.

Or maybe "a" was "attack", and the attack-animation has one of those issues where the collisions move with it in a way allowing you to clip through thin geometry (and walls being one-sided, so when he is inside the wall he can go out either way)? Similar to how ppl clip in Botw (or just cross slightly too large gaps) by doing some odd shield-jump.
Doubtful. It's a turn-based RPG, so combat is a different scene entirely. But the explanation of one-way walls and an event triggering the crossing is sound if the event shakes the player model and the animation aborts prematurely.

Still it's really shoddy programming.

Dex-chan lover
Then the event is programmed like ass. One of the first things you do in those cases is to block scene movement or use an instruction which has it integrated and if they did any event before it's not that difficult to CTRL-C/CTRL-V the core event code including the blocking.
And yet such things happens in real games
Doubtful. It's a turn-based RPG, so combat is a different scene entirely. But the explanation of one-way walls and an event triggering the crossing is sound if the event shakes the player model and the animation aborts prematurely.

Still it's really shoddy programming.
Did we know it was turn-based? Either way, plenty of those still have attacks in the overworld, sometimes as a "first strike" triggering mechanic (ie. pmttyd) or to solve puzzles (pmttyd), or sometimes simply pure outright flavour.

But if we are allowing really shoddy programming, it could honestly be as simple as an input-check that is bugged such that if you mash a you get a frame where the collision code doesn't run at all (though this would let you clip anything anywhere), or at least does so if you mash a on a trigger that does nothing (1 frame where player moves, but instead of collision it runs the trigger, but trigger just returns and does nothing).

But back to more reasonable stuff, maybe it's not that it moves, but that the trigger pauses all physics (like you said, most games stop physics) but when physics return there is a single frame where collision is skipped (because of lack of deltatime maybe? plenty of games where similar stuff has happened for various reasons, some intentional, some just a bug). This would make the bug work on any trigger next to a wall though, but maybe the trigger needs to be somewhat inside the wall for you to not get pushed back out when you leave it (so you can always clip slightly into such walls, but most don't let you through entirely)?
Or all triggers returns a position and angle for player to start in when the trigger finishes (to enable cutscenes), and that one is simply a bugged early version without that so it interacts weirdly with players actual position and velocity?

Overall, there are plenty of games that for various reasons has had clipping occur, even only in very specific spots and angles, for weird reasons. You have speedrunners manipulating animations, states (botw loves this, "skew" and stuff), pause menu's/features, and pretty much anything.

Dex-chan lover
Hold up, let me open word to take notes. I sorta know my way but I'm still somewhat a beginner.
And yet such things happens in real games
Yea, but always thought it was due to time constraints or not making a reliable template at the beginning. It was one of the first things taught to me: make templates for different events and triggers to save time, then use and update them as needed. For professionals to not do that...
Did we know it was turn-based?
In one of the panels shows the game had a combat scene very reminiscent of FF, combat menu and all (page 14, 2nd panel); so I can guess it was.
Either way, plenty of those still have attacks in the overworld, sometimes as a "first strike" triggering mechanic (ie. pmttyd) or to solve puzzles (pmttyd), or sometimes simply pure outright flavour.
I guess, but that's like flipping a coin if it has it or not, and either way, that kind of events doesn't always include movement in 3/4 perspectives in classic ERPGs.
But if we are allowing really shoddy programming, it could honestly be as simple as an input-check that is bugged such that if you mash a you get a frame where the collision code doesn't run at all (though this would let you clip anything anywhere), or at least does so if you mash a on a trigger that does nothing (1 frame where player moves, but instead of collision it runs the trigger, but trigger just returns and does nothing).
:huh: ha... ha... Yea, that would be awful... flashbacks to events unaccounted for in own code
But back to more reasonable stuff, maybe it's not that it moves, but that the trigger pauses all physics (like you said, most games stop physics) but when physics return there is a single frame where collision is skipped (because of lack of deltatime maybe? plenty of games where similar stuff has happened for various reasons, some intentional, some just a bug).
Fuck, didn't thought of that. Makes sense. Still isn't that dependent on the load on the hardware? If the load wasn't that big to trigger the bug elsewhere, why did the load suddenly rise? Overflow? Non-crash infinite loop? Too big&full scene?
This would make the bug work on any trigger next to a wall though, but maybe the trigger needs to be somewhat inside the wall for you to not get pushed back out when you leave it (so you can always clip slightly into such walls, but most don't let you through entirely)?
That's the thing, apparently it only happens there so any other triggers are fine. :thonk:Unless...
Or all triggers returns a position and angle for player to start in when the trigger finishes (to enable cutscenes), and that one is simply a bugged early version without that so it interacts weirdly with players actual position and velocity?
I though of a possibility: that all triggers of similar kind or use the same template are bugged in similar ways, but depending of what they do or where they're used cause different kinds of havoc. For example, if two event uses A or B of the trigger and both A and B are bugged, even if A causes problems, the B bug wouldn't affect anything save occupying resources.
Overall, there are plenty of games that for various reasons has had clipping occur, even only in very specific spots and angles, for weird reasons. You have speedrunners manipulating animations, states (botw loves this, "skew" and stuff), pause menu's/features, and pretty much anything.
I always though the vas majority of that happens fue to hitbox dissonance or not loading the hitboxes in time, not what I would find in old 2D games, but I guess it could happen. And don't get me started on speedrunning using those, feels like they're cheating or something.:fml:

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Anyhow, it's good to see that the translators combined 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5 into a single release.
We'd prefer people stick to the raws, in either sense; Ch1 as a single upload to match the volume, or Ch1 as five parts to match the web release. 1.3 containing three parts is misleading, so I've split it out into separate chapters.

Dex-chan lover
We'd prefer people stick to the raws, in either sense; Ch1 as a single upload to match the volume, or Ch1 as five parts to match the web release. 1.3 containing three parts is misleading, so I've split it out into separate chapters.
Booo, why take the time, effort and resources to moderate something so stupid? No one likes when chapters are split and it's ALWAYS better when it's one full,concise chapters for the readers, yes the author might have reasons to release it in parts but why force us, a fan translation site uphold these constrictive rules??? Beyond ridiculous imo. Should always be reader ease and satisfaction first, the rest second.
If it gets tedious to read something that is supposed to be entertainment then it defeats the purpose. Especially if it's just for something as ridiculous "sticking to numeration of raws", just tell people to add "this is ch 1.1-1.5" or w/e at the end of the chapter name and be done with it.

Users who are viewing this thread