Tensei Shite High Elf ni Narimashitaga, Slow Life wa 120-nen de Akimashita - Ch. 30

Dex-chan lover
That dragon is the king of overkill. "Oh, you've got a bit of a problem with stray cats? Sure, I'll go full Alduin on the world's ass."

Dex-chan lover
WHY AM I FEELING SAD FOR HIS HORSE!?
WHY AM I REMEMBERING KAEHA
i thought we’d passed those moments yet they linger

Double-page supporter
Man, this story is so good and so painful. It really shows us how little time matters to the protagonist as there’s always sudden long time skips where he’s just doing a routine of something and everyone around him ages heavily.

It’s always bittersweet seeing everyone around him aging while he remains a constant.

Can’t wait for next chapter.
Every time they willy nilly mention major time skips, like the 7 years, I think back to those encountered along the way. Like those at the port that he helped out, or how old the kids already would be. Or even how old his half elf kid must be at this point. Time waits for no one, and it really makes it a lonely journey even if he finds contentment throughout.
It's why I've loved this story so long.

Dex-chan lover
I wish this story put in more details as to why exactly those hermits are fine and not the others, and how he verified that it was true. Particularly since he seemed to dislike the dragon hermit a lot for some reason, on first meeting.
He was annoyed by how enigmatic they were all being and when he realized the dragon could be involved it raised the stakes. These hermits are fine because they're deriving their immortality from nature (the dragon) as intended instead of quickly sapping the life out of others like a vampire.

Dex-chan lover
Woodpecker (anyone else grow up watching that cartoon?).
funny thing is, after i hit the post reply, i immediately thought of willow but that bird looks more like the bird that articuno was based on

I think the real problem here is that bird isn't a type of animal on the same level as cat, turtle, and snake. Like a cat is a mammal and turtle and snake reptiles. Birds are aves (really just birds) and like fish they're in their whole own class. Thought I guess they wouldn't really know. But people really be forgetting Birds and Fish are literally on a whole other level 😂.
i think the author just grab some animals on the top of his head lol like no thoughts involved. or maybe it's a zodiac animal reference :thonk::thonk:

Fed-Kun's army
"Fury, sorrow, joy, love, and all that remains is heartache and contentment"
Dragon hinting at what to come. I wonder what contentment this series will end with. A completed life with Aesir sublimating into a spirit, perhaps.

Dex-chan lover
7 years' worth of content, at an hour a day, is a gigantic story. I know he's been around a while, but how long ago was it since he's left the forest? Hasn't it been just like, 200 years max? That seems like a masterful ability to fluff the story, unless he's talking about some extremely mundane stuff. If that 200 years isn't overestimating (which I feel like it might be), that's ~1 hour for every month recalled, a lot of which is just travel time.
Like one peace, he needs to do recap every day

Contributor
I wish this story put in more details as to why exactly those hermits are fine and not the others, and how he verified that it was true. Particularly since he seemed to dislike the dragon hermit a lot for some reason, on first meeting.
It's more that he was mad that these hermits were pulling him around like a dog on a leash. He has grown to be a very free spirited person who more than anything values his freedom to pick what he does and how he does it. Sometimes that involves him going with the flow, but he picks to go along. He has experienced people attempting to just ignore him or his people and do things against his will, it's why he was willing to practically destroy a country. It's exactly how he was mad at first, but once he learned why they were pushing him he realized he triggered something potentially devastating without trying.

Double-page supporter
i think the author just grab some animals on the top of his head lol like no thoughts involved. or maybe it's a zodiac animal reference :thonk::thonk:
It's Chinese mythology/astrology: the four cardinal directions were presided over by four guardian beasts, and the golden dragon in the center represented the emperor.

It's more that he was mad that these hermits were pulling him around like a dog on a leash.
Also the emperor mentioned that the dragon's aura was possibly influencing him. Ever since he entered the Empire, he had been acting more aggressive than usual.

Dex-chan lover
I like this more than "Frieren".
Frieren & this Series both have a different format.

This Series follows the life story of the MC who basically is immortal.

Frieren follows the story of her few parts of immortal life that helped shape her.

So far, Frieren had 3 major parts in her life because of living mostly in isolation, and those being with Flamme, then with Himmel, and currently with Fern & Stark.

MC of High Elf's Slow Life, aka., Acer, had a lot more parts to his story because he is travelling around and not stuck to one place.
While both this MC and Frieren are practically same in their lifespan aspect, but the length and life exposure they had is different and opposite (while Acer is younger than Frieren, but he had more life-experience than her).

Dex-chan lover
A tiny bit miffed at the dragon's design, with the whole 'end the world and begin anew', made me think of Cygame's Baha.
Then again this guy and another three are copies, hopefully we'll meet the origin dragon too in the future.

Dex-chan lover
Woodpecker (anyone else grow up watching that cartoon?).
Watched it; don't remember much of anything, though.

I think the real problem here is that bird isn't a type of animal on the same level as cat, turtle, and snake. Like a cat is a mammal and turtle and snake reptiles. Birds are aves (really just birds) and like fish they're in their whole own class.
Generally the closer something is to human, the more distinct people tend to classify it as. Birds seem more similar to each other as well, since they're basically the same but with difference sizes, compared to reptiles which includes turtles, snakes, and lizards that are all more distinct from each other to our eyes. Cats, meanwhile, are even closer, as they're mammals.

On the other end of the spectrum, "fish" is not a singular classification. There are a few branches of fish on the evolutionary tree, and they're all further away from each other than pretty much all (or actually all, not sure) terrestrial vertebrates are to each other, including mammals and birds, since one of those branches was the one that evolved lungs and started living on land. Sharks, for instance, are less related to most fish than we are. In other words, "terrestrial vertebrates" makes more sense as a classification than "fish". Although, most fish belong to one of those branches.

Dex-chan lover
Frieren & this Series both have a different format.

This Series follows the life story of the MC who basically is immortal.

Frieren follows the story of her few parts of immortal life that helped shape her.

So far, Frieren had 3 major parts in her life because of living mostly in isolation, and those being with Flamme, then with Himmel, and currently with Fern & Stark.

MC of High Elf's Slow Life, aka., Acer, had a lot more parts to his story because he is travelling around and not stuck to one place.
While both this MC and Frieren are practically same in their lifespan aspect, but the length and life exposure they had is different and opposite (while Acer is younger than Frieren, but he had more life-experience than her).
I know. That's why I enjoy this more than Frieren. I like how the story unwraps Aesir's life, and open up his perspective as he discovers the world. Also how impactful and well-written the passage of time here.

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

The "1 month later" n suddenly a "7 year later" really never cease to amaze me...
(OωO )...

Users who are viewing this thread