Tensei Shite High Elf ni Narimashitaga, Slow Life wa 120-nen de Akimashita - Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
Another banger. This series does not disappoint! If you don't count that there's no perpetual next chapter button of course

Dex-chan lover
To think the greatest powerup he got was to basic spirit magic.

Also he turned those dragon scales into unbreakable AA batteries, despite it being completely in his power to make a shield.

Dex-chan lover
He's probably closer to 200 years at this point, if not older 🫡

Also did MC just casually suggest to cleave the whole ass island in 2 😶
Yes, yes he is.

Even before this, he made an earthquake as a warning on elf enslavement long before this. That’s before he is meeting the Dragon and strengthening his ability to communicate with spirits. If the guy can make natural phenomenon happens at will, once could imagine he could do that casually.

Dex-chan lover
gotta love someone op/self aware to be like "maybe i can cleave the country in two" lol

at least he's benevolent b/c i can imagine some puppetmaster villain type person causing shit for the chaos of it

Dex-chan lover
Oh yeah, let's just casually talk about cleaving an island in two so that you can prevent the Oni and Humans from fighting anymore. Sure, cause that's a totally normal level of power to speak about so casually. Sheesh, at least at the end it seems like he is aware of how dangerous he is. Man's a walking bomb ready to go off if anyone prods him the wrong way.

Reactions: le3
Supporter
"Welcome, to Isekai Japan Park!"

I wonder if the Oni story isn't quite what he's heard about?

BC the story of the war doesn't half sound like a myth that encourages onesidedly hating an entire race.

Thanks for the tl!
The sure way to find out is to go there himself and ask.

Dex-chan lover
I think he is finally becoming aware of what he truly is and why is kin usually isolate from the world. Starts to really put things into perspective, when you recall the reverence the elves gave him upon first meeting.
He truly is essentially a demigod of legends walking the world. Wouldn't be surprised, if his exploits eventually inspire a bunch of stories and myths like Beowulf or Gilgamesh. Wouldn't even be surprised, if at some point in the distant future, he'd be worshipped as a god.
hell he lives long enough that going back to places he might even hear the stories of himself

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
I think the parallels to Japan are interesting. Outo is obviously supposed to be a parallel to Kyoto. The island being split between civilization in the South and hairy barbarians to the North was a real thing in Japanese history. The Japanese - Yamato Japanese, that is - conglomerated in the South of Japan with Kyoto - Heian-Kyo - being relatively far North to the major population centers of the time. In the North, there were the Emishi, a race of notably hairy Asians that even the Chinese were weirded out by (the Japanese sent some Emishi slaves to China as a gift).

Long story short, the Yamato Japanese essentially wiped out the Emishi, unifying Honshu and then spent a millennium working on conquering the Ainu in Hokkaido. The guy who finally conquered the Emishi became the first Shogun of Japan. The title, Sei'i Taishogun would be shortened to Shogun and wielded as a title by Minamoto no Yoritomo who became the real leader of Japan after winning the samurai civil war.

Users who are viewing this thread