Tensei Shite High Elf ni Narimashitaga, Slow Life wa 120-nen de Akimashita

Dex-chan lover
Pretty much has the same feels like 'Fumetsu no Anata e', like another take on characters like Fushi

This manga is definitely written very well, even as a reader i feel and understand what the mc was thinking, and i felt the emotion the MC had... And as i read further, I'm really grateful of my life as a human.. long life does come with their own ups and downs..

Now this is what I'm talking about!!! Genuinely my favorite story that tackles the idea of a long lifespan character. Like I know Sousou no Frieren is the manga people usually go to when tackling this idea but, I feel like I found a diamond in the rough here.

Fed-Kun's army
I thought this one is just going to be trash isekai but the tittle and description caught my eyes. At first, I thought it was boring but it was still amazing that I didn't drop it. It grows on you and here you are feeling things that you were never meant to feel, weeping for people you never met thinking, reflecting and most importantly remembering fictional characters that somehow makes you remember people that you nearly forgot in this journey of life. Man it feels awful to outlive every one you knew but you meet new people along the way. It may not replace previous memories but gives you something to look forward to Ig.

Didn't notice the Tragedy tag until I after I was done ugly crying after Ch 22.
But otherwise, this is so masterfully done.
It's like yeah, as a High Elf, the MC is technically overpowered and long lived. But they also show how it actually took time for him to learn skills in the way the shorter lived races aged around him.
Also it shows the sad truth of how he will eventually lose the people he knows because he technically part of an "immortal" race.
It's not all "love conquers all" but is very realistic in how the world works, but in such a way it's bittersweet and yet shows how it's better to live life not regretting not doing something because you're afraid of later loss.
You also see the MC's gradual character growth. At first it's like, "human reincarnated as a High Elf, who misses the stimulation he had when human, leaves other High Elfs as soon as he's of age". But then you see how his way of thinking and living life truly has changed when he can just be like "I'm gonna spend a decade on this craft cause it sounds fun, that's not very long." And you see him coming to terms with his shorter lived friends aging and dying while he's still in his like 20s.
It's also great to see how the MC isn't some pure hearted, humble, unselfish, can-do-no-wrong character. Yeah, he doesn't like to take lives, but he isn't "le gasp how could you take a life" horrified by bad people dying. You see him sort of come to terms with the fact that he's willing to go to war or at least take non-animal lives if it means it'll protect those he cares for.
And yet he has worries and can be selfish just like everybody else, and the author doesn't cover it up.
I love how they show that relationships take time and effort to grow. And I mean actual time and the effort that goes into that. It's not just "And I showed them how amazing I am, and they were in total awe of me, and welcomed the rest of my friends/people with open arms". They show some of the work that they put in to make both sides get along, and how while they definitely have their differences, they also have their similarities.
It's just, chefs kiss, amazing.

Dex-chan lover
Dead ass one of the better reads out there, I thought it was a different elf slowlife I knew of and I was questioning how that got 9 stars but nah it ain't that and this is good shit.

Character development is solid and bout the only complaint ls I have is the constant timeskips but that's what makes a elf life and elf's as they treat a week as a day, a month as a week, and a year as a month... But yeah, good shit and one of the better works to recommend to newbies who want to dip their toes in the fantasy genre as it showcases a bit of everything

I've currently finished chapter 23 and out of words... this manga felt like I was reading 3 or 4 chapter for per 1. It was so comforting for me and I don't know why. Clearly this manga outmatches most of the decent and good isekai out there. I was craving some slice of life for some time and this being fantasy, isekai, reincarnation and such satiated that craving. It felt like medication after all the trash isekai I've been reading.

Dex-chan lover
I really did not expect this to be as good as it is. Went in thinking this would be a nice little relaxing manga, to one that really hits it out of the park. Overall one of the best ones I have read.

Not recommended for those with a fear of the unstoppable marching of time that is slowly guiding us all towards an inevitable death. Otherwise excellent

pretty good... though it kinda sucks being an elf, things are pretty messed up because the life span.

It is ok-ish, but I don't see how it can have 9+ rating. It just silly slice of life stories without a main plot. Sure it is handy for writers to work with separated arcs but come on, it is not top level manga by any means.
And yes, I dropped it, because it failed to keep me interested, after similar 3 towns which MC visited, I bet there will be exactly the same cloned chapters about another towns. No, thanks.

Read about 15, but what is even the point of the story.? Except the typical immortal life story?he literally just do nothing and time pass and we suppose to feel sad because aging? Like at least actually do some something with each character before moving on

Dex-chan lover
Read about 15, but what is even the point of the story.? Except the typical immortal life story?he literally just do nothing and time pass and we suppose to feel sad because aging? Like at least actually do some something with each character before moving on
There's is no point, it's slice of life from the perspective of a High Elf. We skip years at a time because of this. Though I do wish they did go more in depth with some of the characters and adventures.

A glimpse into the life of a semi-immortal high elf brings into perspective the loneliness that comes as a price for a long lifespan; still, the gifts of life and everything it has to offer is laid bare by this story. I hope to read more of it.

Dex-chan lover
This is definitely a lot better than most of the trashsekai out there, but not really my cup of tea. The MC is too whimsical for my liking, and it feels futile to get attached to any side characters when they'll be left in the dust after a few chapters

Users who are viewing this thread