The ability to reload failed images/pages and long-strip position preservation.

Its a simple idea really...

Whenever an image/page fails to load and gives you that red balloon (this is in particular of long strip reader, but i think applies everywhere), it would be cool to be able to click that balloon to force the image to reload without needing to reload the whole page. I mean imagine being in a 60 page long strip, and the 47th page failed to load and the only way out is to reload the whole page and scroll back to where you were. If you could dynamically reload only that one failed page instead, it would be really good.

(note i mean this as the inbuilt reader function of MD not the actual format of the manga)

Another thing i noticed is that if you do reload a long strip formatted reader, even if say the URL is indicated at say X page, it will automatically go straight to the 1st page of that chapter. This can be somewhat bothersome if your reading it on one pc, but then hop off to work or somewhere else to read it, and then try to continue at the exact point you had left off on the other machine. Logically, if the URL used indicates that it is at a certain page, that it should navigate to that page.

I have thought of how that could be implemented (an idiots way of implementation so you can ignore this part), and the easiest way i could think of it to get the web application (or whatever system you used for the viewer that had to load the images etc) is when loading at X page forward from the first page if what load that page but not the pages prior, and like when loading images in long strip when reading forward, it would only load the images prior when the read scrolls back up. If you're really fancy, you could also find a way to unload off screen images to save resources?

Users who are viewing this thread