The Ancient Magus' Bride - Vol. 10 Ch. 48 - Birds of a feather flock together. III

Fed-Kun's army
"Stench of rust"

Blood maybe, so he might have killed someone and that somehow lingers yet around him

Will Chise finally be able to talk to Elias or will she inevitably fuck it up because she is teaching the new guy in secret? Find out on the next episode of "Chise please just use your brain for once"

Double-page supporter
1- When Ruth thought "she looks juicy", I thought that was very rude (Ruth?) of him.
2- That salamander was a cutie!
3- Either that new kid has killed someone... Or he's not a real kid.

Dex-chan lover
@laughing_snake
@Gruntzone360
maybe he's a robot! or doll. really wouldn't put anything past this series.

I've come to like this arc so far. Lots of new introductions of interesting characters, hopefully will flesh them all out. This series really started to bore me, I guess the most being the previous arc.
This feels like a breath of fresh air.

With the scent of rust comment the kid might have had some cold iron on him or has killed other fey.

Rather amusing that the students are mistaking Elias as a Muryan...

Dex-chan lover
no, step away, don't talk to chise, don't look at chise, don't breath the same air as chise, shoo shoo

Fed-Kun's army
@infocam : Funny, but perfectly understandable. They are familliar with Muryans, and it's more logical to have one as an instructor than an exotic creature like Elias.

are we still judging people according to appearances? let's not forget that Chise's closest friends are a thug and an abomination. her newest "friend" is also a biblical monster. rusty is hardly a threat, and Chise needs more friends.

Dex-chan lover
Wait Alice is a female but if there are uniforms in this university, can anyone wear any uniform they want or since I know they are in England (right?). But Alice seems to be wearing a "male" uniform, and not a skirt... or are the uniforms different from the age/grade levels? Or is she just not wearing her uniform? Or is it not mandatory to wear a skirt?

@kitsushouten i don't really pay attention to details but i searched this up:
Muryans are a type of fae capable of transforming into ants that appeared during the time Silky was alone while Elias and Chise were in Tir Na Nog. The word 'muryan' itself means 'ant' in Cornish language.
So the weird caterpillar lady nurse altered her own body, and she is a muryan.
Hope this helps.

@AgentKuga

I did a cursory search online about uniforms in England. For one, the modern UK school system is laxer compared to, let's say, the Japanese private school system that usually enforces gender-issued uniforms (i.e. men wear slacks, females wear skirts only). So that might seem a bit weird to us who are used to reading manga in the Japanese school setting.

Specifically secondary schools in the UK (i.e. middle school/high school for the US) seems to allow for more "compulsory" uniforms. That means you are free to purchase/wear any of the uniform choices provided by the school, as long as you abide by the basic dress code (i.e. have the appropriate top/bottom approved by school). This would probably explain why Alice is able to wear pants, since the College is considered a secondary school in later chapters.

So TLDR; yeah it's probably not mandatory to wear a skirt at the College.

Users who are viewing this thread