The Ancient Magus' Bride - Vol. 19 Ch. 93 - Keep the pot boiling. II

Power Uploader
"I's home"... seriously, "I's"? The word is "my."

I don't want to complain, it was a great chapter. That was just so incredibly, glaringly wrong that it broke my immersion from an otherwise excellent translation.

Dex-chan lover
"I's home"... seriously, "I's"? The word is "my."

I don't want to complain, it was a great chapter. That was just so incredibly, glaringly wrong that it broke my immersion from an otherwise excellent translation.
It's fairly common for native English speakers to say "I's" even if it's not grammatically correct.

Power Uploader
It's fairly common for native English speakers to say "I's" even if it's not grammatically correct.
I'll have to take your word for it. I've never heard an English speaker say "I's" in normal speech. Maybe if they were deliberately speaking wrong, like talking to an infant or a pet, or parodying a non-native speaker, but that's about it.

Though again, I'm not trying to be overly critical. It was a great chapter, but "I's" just stuck out so much I couldn't help but mention it.

Group Leader
Ah, finally some relaxing chapters? I really need that since I've been clenching my butt in this past few chapters. Phew

Dex-chan lover
i fucking knew it was veronica. ever since she was introduced i felt like she was a massive bitch and my intuition was correct

Users who are viewing this thread