The Anemone Feels The Heat - Ch. 44 - Argument

Wow the last chapters were so bad and stupid that they don't even seem to be in the right order, if this were at the beginning of the manga I would be able to understand this stupid discussion, but now? I really liked the beginning but this arc already left me tired

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translations as this is (yes still is) one of my favorite yuri mangas.

Now, as for this chapter. Just like I said last chapter, I still blame this on Nagisa. Firstly Nagisa said she wanted to talk to Mashiro. This was a good start, as it's a chance for the two to air their grievances, discuss things, reassure one another, and properly reconcile (yes I know that's something I shouldn't expect high schoolers to automatically do, especially when some adults don't even do this, but whatever). Now the reason why I say this is Nagisa's fault is because, Nagisa already knew that Mashiro was upset with the situation surrounding her former Kouhai.

So even if Nagisa didn't know what exactly upset Mashiro, she at least knew where (and when) the problem stemmed from. So rather than her take the initiative and discuss more about her time back in middle school, the relationship between her and her Kouhai, and the literature event that Mashiro was actually interested in learning; Nagisa just threw the ball in Mashiro's court as though it's Mashiro who needs to work on the issues. Then despite obviously seeing the distress that Mashiro was in (which is doubly not good due to Mashiro's fragile health) to the point that she expressed disgust in herself since she's obviously dealing with conflicting issues and wanting to avoid placing blame on Nagisa; Nagisa just ignored all that just to vent and left.

Honestly, she was better off not even trying if she wasn't gonna actually pay attention to Mashiro. All in all, communication is indeed important, but so is observation. I'd ask for Uda's help, but honestly after last arc, Uda should have a vacation. Hopefully it won't take Nagisa too long to start actually thinking.

Also, go away former kouhai. As it currently stands, unless you yourself go to Mashiro to explain Nagisa's past (in a non-condencending manner) as well as be apologetic; you're pretty much irrelevant imo.

I also agree with some that this looks like out of order, but I do agree that I don't like how they're handling the situation with both of them. Just hoping that this won't take a lot of chapters to resolve this.

It would have been a good way to develop their relationship to dating. For example, the kouhai could have been the reason Mahiro discovered Nagisa's identity as the one who saved her, leading to this kind of conflict and fights. After solving all the misunderstandings, it would lead to their resolved issues, and finally, their love confession. However, I also appreciated how they handled it in Chapter 17.

Dex-chan lover
I swear Anemone is in Heat and Whispering You A Love Song are having a competition for who can fall off the hardest.
If you don't have a story to tell as a mangaka, just wrap things up and move on to the next project. Both of them are going the way of Citrus+ and Yamada & Kase-San in that they're infinite loops of forced drama because enough diehard fans will support the product regardless of quality.

Dex-chan lover
Mashiro dont feel bad about yourself, you are literally the only one that is not in the wrong here. Nagisa is a trash GF in literally every way possible in this situation and that other b*tch should just jump out infront of Truck-kun🤦🏼‍♂️

Reactions: Tlo
Dex-chan lover
I do agree with everyone here that this is beyond stupid lol. Miss this series when it's full of wholesome moments.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you so much for picking this up, you have my eternal gratitude.
Regarding the chapter, yeah Nagisa really acts somewhat out of character, doesn't she realize, that it's all because of Matsushita badly treating Mashiro? :/
These last 2 chapters have proven how f*cking trash of a GF Nagisa is like Holy shit… First she lets this b*tch talk shit and treat her fucking GF like trash and then she gets mad like a brat after Mashiro didnt want to tell her something right after Nagisa didnt want to fucking Mashiro something!?

I kinda want Mashiro to find a better GF at this point cause Nagisa is just pure trash

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translations as this is (yes still is) one of my favorite yuri mangas.

Now, as for this chapter. Just like I said last chapter, I still blame this on Nagisa. Firstly Nagisa said she wanted to talk to Mashiro. This was a good start, as it's a chance for the two to air their grievances, discuss things, reassure one another, and properly reconcile (yes I know that's something I shouldn't expect high schoolers to automatically do, especially when some adults don't even do this, but whatever). Now the reason why I say this is Nagisa's fault is because, Nagisa already knew that Mashiro was upset with the situation surrounding her former Kouhai.

So even if Nagisa didn't know what exactly upset Mashiro, she at least knew where (and when) the problem stemmed from. So rather than her take the initiative and discuss more about her time back in middle school, the relationship between her and her Kouhai, and the literature event that Mashiro was actually interested in learning; Nagisa just threw the ball in Mashiro's court as though it's Mashiro who needs to work on the issues. Then despite obviously seeing the distress that Mashiro was in (which is doubly not good due to Mashiro's fragile health) to the point that she expressed disgust in herself since she's obviously dealing with conflicting issues and wanting to avoid placing blame on Nagisa; Nagisa just ignored all that just to vent and left.

Honestly, she was better off not even trying if she wasn't gonna actually pay attention to Mashiro. All in all, communication is indeed important, but so is observation. I'd ask for Uda's help, but honestly after last arc, Uda should have a vacation. Hopefully it won't take Nagisa too long to start actually thinking.

Also, go away former kouhai. As it currently stands, unless you yourself go to Mashiro to explain Nagisa's past (in a non-condencending manner) as well as be apologetic; you're pretty much irrelevant imo.
Lets not forget the fact that she somehow cant see what the problem is when she was literally just letting the b*tch talk shit and treat Mashiro like trash…
here is 100% Nagisa fault and I hate the fact the author have made it so Mashiro think that she is in the wrong when she is literally the only one who is not at fault🤦🏼‍♂️

Dex-chan lover
I swear Anemone is in Heat and Whispering You A Love Song are having a competition for who can fall off the hardest.
If you don't have a story to tell as a mangaka, just wrap things up and move on to the next project. Both of them are going the way of Citrus+ and Yamada & Kase-San in that they're infinite loops of forced drama because enough diehard fans will support the product regardless of quality.
This and whisper me a love song have had such tragic fall offs it’s crazy, I don’t know why yuri authors feel the need to artificially create drama it’s really annoying

Already dropped Whispering You A Love Song, looks like its soon time to drop this one as well sadly…

Dex-chan lover
She's worried that nagisa will find her annoying and/or overbearing if she says she doesn't want her to spend time with the weenie kohai. That is something that can poke a hole in a relationship's atmosphere but it's better to just say it anyway. Conveying how she feels without commanding nagisa to comply.

I assume nagisa would be understanding and create boundaries with the kohai.

Baka teenage lesbian :meguuusad:

Dex-chan lover
I love this comment secton is suddendly full of people who know how to act in any given situation. Does this arc would have been better at the start/mid manga ? Yes totally, cause having this arc AFTER they're together is strange but let's not act like one is better than another.
here is 100% Nagisa fault and I hate the fact the author have made it so Mashiro think that she is in the wrong when she is literally the only one who is not at fault
If they made her at fault too, there is maybe a reason. You seem to have an afwul hate boner for Nagisa and i think you should calm down.

Dex-chan lover
This and whisper me a love song have had such tragic fall offs it’s crazy, I don’t know why yuri authors feel the need to artificially create drama it’s really annoying
Because most don't have any idea how to write post confession relationships (see. no experience). All they now is drama to keep things going. This is the case in most romcoms not just yuri. That's why all of them end after the confession and a kiss if you are lucky.

Dex-chan lover
She's worried that nagisa will find her annoying and/or overbearing if she says she doesn't want her to spend time with the weenie kohai. That is something that can poke a hole in a relationship's atmosphere but it's better to just say it anyway. Conveying how she feels without commanding nagisa to comply.

I assume nagisa would be understanding and create boundaries with the kohai.

Baka teenage lesbian :meguuusad:
The fact that Nagisa cant even realise what the problem is, is just proof of how trash she is… Like how can you just watch a b*tch show up out of nowhere talk shit to your GF and treat her like trash and then ask “Why do you (say that I would guess it would have ended)” When she say she dont want you to see her anymore?🤦🏼‍♂️

Dex-chan lover
This is just bad writing. Pages are loaded with empty words because none of it makes any sense. How did we even end up here? What the fuck are they even arguing about? It all feels like a disjointed fever dream.
And we know Glasses will not be treated as negatively as she should by the narrative. The writing is already on the wall for that. The author picked a "volume-length" trope from a binder and plopped it in the middle of her story, then mangled her characters so they'd fit.

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the chap :thumbsup:
Damn all this nonsense drama bc of one random girl. Things are getting out of hand rn lol

Users who are viewing this thread