The Baby Prisoner of the Winter Castle - Ch. 27

Dex-chan lover
It's a silly plan with no long-term prospects, plus it won't really solve anything fundamentally, but it's exactly the kind of plan a child would come up with. At the end of the day, I reckon the (fake) duchess wouldn't be able to stand living much longer bearing such a secret and lie. Her position is incredibly stressful. Not to mention, she doesn't even have any control over her mother's situation, so she needs to believe in the goodwill of the scumbag count's family. Psychologically, it might also be better for her to reveal the plot, not to be exposed by the desperate (and stupid) real Alessa. The duke is not an idiot and probably would be able to see what kind of woman the real Alessa is, but it would still hurt any developing trust between the (fake) duchess and the duke if someone else revealed it all to him.

this looks like a setup for a successful self-sabotage. she will mistreat Clarisse somehow, earning the ire of the duke.

Hard to say. The real Alessa is not too smart, but she is a schemer, nonetheless. It's possible she won't try to hurt Clarisse directly, but will rather try to convince/manipulate Clarisse to work for her. If she tells Clarisse that the fake duchess must be reunited with her sick mother, and the real Alessa taking over the role of the duchess is the only way, I could see it potentially working against Clarisse. Of course the real Alessa's plan is still utter nonsense, but Clarisse is probably too young to understand too much of what's really going on.

Dex-chan lover
Did the Inner Wall not hear Real Alessa when she calmly said that she have morning sickness?
Things would be much simpler if she heard that and told MC about it.
:nyoron:
Realistically I think Clarisse wouldn't really get it or be able to do anything with that information. Sure she could tell someone but who would believe her? She would have to explain how she learned it to whomever she recruited and as far as she's concerned she's still "just a lowly prisoner" they take pity on. Which is why the actual solution I'm betting on is dragging it out until Noah comes to report and ends up assisting.

Well that or repeat the Bessie arc.

Dex-chan lover
Realistically I think Clarisse wouldn't really get it or be able to do anything with that information. Sure she could tell someone but who would believe her? She would have to explain how she learned it to whomever she recruited and as far as she's concerned she's still "just a lowly prisoner" they take pity on. Which is why the actual solution I'm betting on is dragging it out until Noah comes to report and ends up assisting.

Well that or repeat the Bessie arc.
MC maybe wouldn't get it but the Inner Wall surely can. MC can tell the duke and the duchess. They would believe her. MC doesn't need to say anything about Real Alessa's identity, she just need to say that she overheard the guest saying that she has morning sickness. She can say that she overheard it when she walked outside Real Alessa's room. The Real Alessa shouted it out loud after all, so it wouldn't be weird for anyone outside the room to overhear.
:huh:

Dex-chan lover
MC maybe wouldn't get it but the Inner Wall surely can. MC can tell the duke and the duchess. They would believe her. MC doesn't need to say anything about Real Alessa's identity, she just need to say that she overheard the guest saying that she has morning sickness. She can say that she overheard it when she walked outside Real Alessa's room. The Real Alessa shouted it out loud after all, so it wouldn't be weird for anyone outside the room to overhear.
:huh:
Fair enough that would probably work, at least better than her current plan :kek:

It’s hinted earlier on he is “aware” of who she is. Not too far in the future it’ll be explained why he didn’t stop the wedding despite knowing what is going on. So everything that they are doing is a waste of time. ;) So basically a very happy resolution for the duchess’s situation.

Double-page supporter
I swear if that b×tch hurts Clarisse--!! I'll enter this manwha myself and smack her outta this series 😤. If she does, then she'll immediately be kicked out of the estate though, so I can see it happening unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread