The Blood Princess and the Knight - Vol. 2 Ch. 31 - Stepping Forward

Jet

The author is confused over power rankings apparently. How come MC was lower than 500, when he was called knight king quite literally? Why is Lin twice stronger when they were about equal, when fought? Why did he challenge Vamp queen to a duel, if he was 5-7times weaker? What a retard!

Supporter
@Jet My guess is that it's his power level without the fancy armour. Then again, I've yet to see a manhua with power rankings that were even slightly accurate to what is going on. It's like the tchinese have a fetish for them.

Double-page supporter
How fucking long are they going to waste dealing with these little trolls? They're like the bottom of the barrel right after goblins and orcs, so completely insignificant as a race. Just get the fucking on with the fucking story!

Jet

@Siikalahna Well, that troll is at the same power lvl as fully powered MC according to official ratings. It will be the most dangerous opponent in a long time to come probably.
I'm more annoyed about their knight order being an academy. What do they even study there? And why do those vamps try to save every little things? It's like they are freakin super robin hoods instead of bloodsuckers.

Dex-chan lover
I'm just gonna say if you need a chart to explain power levels -- and you consider power levels somehow important to the narrative -- you messed up if it's not not naturally in the story itself. Sure maybe it'd involve a touch of exposition but I think I'd rather read that than have so many chapters devoted to these stupid trolls.

And, can I add if one more thing if no one minds me beating a dead horse? NO CHAPTERS devoted thus far to the titular Blood Princess. This manhua so far could more accurately be called "The Generic Trolls and the Knight" but
I somehow suspect that'd not sell as well. I mean, the trolls haven't been that omnipresent or anything but -- must I belabor -- they've still been exponentially moreso.

Jet

Can't say I understand where you are coming from. Trolls are epic monsters in Tolkien cosmos. Only treants are greater among the basic creatures too.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, I like trolls. I just like the actual folklore version of them, where they're a lot more ambiguous in nature and have furry tails. The guys here are basically Warcraft orcs with a blue paintjob. Also somehow even less compelling "savage nobility" narrative and lots of empty words about how powerful and unique they are. And sub-Warcraft level storytelling is pretty dire.

Dex-chan lover
That power level junk really is stupid, some stupid chart that won't really affect anything one way or another

Group Leader
@MidnighTea We've decided to stick with 'trolls' here as that is what Domefossilsa had originally TL'd it as. To be fair, I couldn't find a better TL from '巨魔', 'titans' or 'giants' wouldn't work, as they don't remotely feel giant enough or titan enough to warrant that

Group Leader
@Jet In my opinion, the chart is primarily used to compare within its own class, so the power level 500 class one MC cannot be DIRECTLY compared to the class twos and above

Possibly hence why class one is it's own chart seperate from the class twos and up

Dex-chan lover
@Jophnny1023 Oh, that was your flourish and not the author's? Oh no.

I sincerely apologize to you. Allow me to put my foot in my mouth now. Sorry.

@Jophnny1023 no, humans are really weaker than all of class two races in raw power, even the knight king, then how do they defeat demons? a combination of special techniques that maximize their strength, equipment, and human wave tactics. The MC was an outlier when he was still the knight king, because his magic was relatively strong despite being only a human, and that's not even his power, it was given to him by a higher race.

Dex-chan lover
soo at least here it doesnt look like he had absolutly no plan at all

in the webnovel he was just plain stupid

Ha my divine blood sensed it coming years ago, sensed your next move, next thought, and the fact that you only saved the maid for the plot.

Users who are viewing this thread