The Curious Case of Chronicle

Double-page supporter
Way worse than I expected going into this, L read and I can't believe this has an 8.24 on mangadex when you guys are usually so picky.

Yes feed me this generic manga, better than a stupid MC who doesn't know what he's doing anyway

Mother of genre slop. It's sci-fi and magic, reincarnation, and also a vr game, topped off with game windows. The game has p2w but also is granting money in the billions(usd) but he doesn't use the money for better gear and there's levels in game but have no meaning in the real world.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Typical "the MC is the good guy because we say he is" story.

Whatever moral high ground he has at the start dissappears soon enough. He'd say "it's bad to hurt innocent people, I only want revenge against those that wronged me", then turn around and consider killing a bunch of innocent people to protect his own secrets and plan. And everytime he decides against doing something unethical (which any decent person wouldn't even consider in the first place), it's not because it's a wrong thing to do, but because he's not sure he could get away with it.
"Should I buy slaves? Should I kill them all? Should I buy that thing commoners enjoy so only I can use it?"...Real hero material there.

Dex-chan lover
Another no-personality MC story with bland worldbuilding, boring art, one-note side characters and a bare-bones plot. Though the most egregious part is how the story just rains advantages and superpowers on this guy nonstop and for free, making tension completely nonexistent, alongside your ability to care about anything that might happen to anyone.

A sub-5-star story that should be avoided like the plague... I'll drop it after reading just 50 more chapters or so

Users who are viewing this thread