The Cursed Sculpture

Dex-chan lover
This is like actually SUPER interesting

Does anyone know if there's any other manga like this?

usually not a fan (well more like never) of horro genre BUT this one is good.

Why did lulu become a bitch when she became skinny I was happy when she was starting to change but then she became an ass. I like the story a lot there's nothing wrong with it but now I want lulu to become respectful or fat. Keep translating pls

This one is SUPER GREAT MANHUA, never thought or have any intention to read this kind of manhua tbh, just coincidentally searched on google some isekai revenge genre, and here i am. Great job to the team for picking this one, thank you for your hard work!! please pick more revenge theme like this in future!!!💝

Dex-chan lover
I love how they frame the themes of this. The deaths of everyone, the tragedy, the reoccurring destruction all comes from Hubris and abuse of love, paralleling the death of the figure. Her slow possession and descent into madness are all expertly paced and feels natural. Those that are moral and do fall in love don't get punished by the spirit such as the teacher, but by external forces acting on them.
The girl who wants to get skinny only to become vain once she does so, the abusive roomate who gets her beauty destroy so that she is placed into the shoes of the pain protagonist, the infidelity of the basketball player who falls in love with the main heroine but is already cheating on his girlfriend, who herself is flawed in many ways, with a manipulative sociopath, and the perverted teacher who is blinded for his lustfulness so he can never experience such stimulation again,
all are examples of tragic irony that have reoccurring themes of abusive and unhealthy relationships being exploited. We root for the spirit as much as we are horrified by her because she does bring forth justice and does kill for it, just as
the mercenary kills so he has money so he can finally care for his lover and the main villain kills the woman he loves dearest for political and social power above all.
These reoccurring elements of tragedy really strengthen the core narrative of the manhua and act as a binding force that unites all the themes. Hopefully,
the Teacher is the one left unscathed as he only acts in what he perceives to be right, never actually making advances on the main heroine unless she makes a decision he knows she will regret and never actively abuses his power as a teacher to make moves on her but tries to keep her best interests and intentions at heart, even deducing the link between the sculptures and the deaths. It is therefore good to say he's the best character in terms of what a positive relationship is supposed to be as his conflicted nature and natural intuition allows him to deduce most of what is happening and he never does this to his own benefit (in fact, it's usually to his determent).

Also, someone needs to add the "romance" tag as it's a core motif/theme of this story.

I don’t like horror genre manhua, but this one is the most interesting manhua that I ever readed:”)

There is one thing that amazes me in mangas and manwas it feels like police does not exist at all and harassment, offenses, and accumulating harassment over time are not punished by law.
In a lot of countries it would go to the court very very fast.

Dex-chan lover
> harassment, offenses, and accumulating harassment over time are not punished by law. In a lot of countries it would go to the court very very fast.

*laughs in America*

Blanc is adorable. I hope nothing happens to him but it certainly seems to be heading that way.

YASSSSS why she said “NO!” tho? Did she not want to kill that man???
Edit: Oh wait, i forgot she thought the sculpture wasn’t right. At least she did get the sculpture right.

Honestly I haven't read or found any horror thrillers, and never to thought I'd get to like one. Found this on a whim and was gradually liking it. It's quite scary actually and a recommendation if you're a huge fan of voodoo.. ? I don't know
but it's just her controlling people by sculpting them out of mud and engraving the person's name in the sculpture

Ngl, this is one of the best manhuas I have read. The story is interesting and the themes are laid out well. And I love the drama. The pacing is quite quick, but generally realistic and you can follow the characters' train of thought and reasonings. It's dark, but worth seeing horrible people fall. It definitely needs more love.

Thank you for translating this series.

Users who are viewing this thread