The Dangers in My Heart - Vol. 11 Ch. 144 - We Told A Lie

but why grab the bouquet?
why not just leave? lol
I'm still very confused as to why did they start doing that and why did blud go along with it
:question: :question: :question:
Because then they'll just get pushed harder. "We didn't plan/push him enough. Just needs a little more coaxing/planning!" This has finality to it.

Dex-chan lover
Ichikawa loves that she's an actress
like everybody, ichikawa was brought up to believe that it's really important that girls have career "dreams" and follow them, and that nothing is worse than a man causing a girl to change for his sake. he's uncritically accepted that that is what's best for her, and since he loves her, that's what he wants to happen.

meanwhile, for one thing, these career dreams generally come from (1) seeking the approval of people with expectations of them and (2) seeking the attention of men the career gives access to. the polar opposite of those great men who do have that kind of drive that deserves the respect of others (but will press on with or without it).

whether this manga shows it or not, the "good end" for ichikawa is paying close enough attention to yamada to realize that it's actually better for her to submit to his judgment, change for his sake, fulfill female role.

Last edited:
Gotta love that most of us agree, Ichikawa is dope. Pulling that move to save both him and his girlfriend a lot of grief, incredible. I salute thee

Does anyone know of other sites that people comment on the chapters or anywhere else that people post and talk about the chapters? I'd like to talk about the light novel and need help getting some insight on it around chapter 99 special prequel of the story.

like everybody, ichikawa was brought up to believe that it's really important that girls have career "dreams" and follow them, and that nothing is worse than a man causing a girl to change for his sake. he's uncritically accepted that that is what's best for her, and since he loves her, that's what he wants to happen.

meanwhile, for one thing, these career dreams generally come from (1) seeking the approval of people with expectations of them and (2) seeking the attention of men the career gives access to. the polar opposite of those great men who do have that kind of drive that deserves the respect of others (but will press on with or without it).

whether this manga shows it or not, the "good end" for ichikawa is paying close enough attention to yamada to realize that it's actually better for her to submit to his judgment, change for his sake, fulfill female role.
Love this ^^ Have you read the light Novel around chapter 99?

Dex-chan lover
lots of himejoshis i follow on twitter love bokuyaba saying its yuri, and i wasn't completely sold on that argument despite being a himejoshi myself and liking the series, but i have to admit this was yuri as hell

editing in my stance since the class is confused:

ok, so there are three points in my argument, starting off broad and vague then going to specific

1) where a lot of straight romantic comedy and drama works are defined by a progression of courtship, a majority of yuri works are more interested in the exploration of relationships that already exist, whether it be a steady couple, a pair engaged in physical intemacy despite not being official, or long term friends that can more closely share the same space than traditional boy and girl friendship would be able to allow. of course a lot of romcoms stick around after the main pair confesses (ie bokuyaba) so this is why this is a broad condition

2) yuri works consistently focus on how social forces constrain or set norms for couples. the relationship has to be negotiated to fit into a wider world because it is deemed different or bad. bokuyaba shares this as anna and kyou are right now working around how anna has to fit as a "pure actress," without scandal

3) lipstick is a traditionally feminine object. the lipstick is applied to kyoutaro, a feminizing act. the lipstick remains the focus of the scene as the kiss is also framed as a way to apply the lipstick to anna.

q.e.d. regardles of author intent, at this moment bokuyaba falls under the framing, context and content of a yuri work
This is stupid.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, that was actually really smart and I love the ending with the two of them. One of my new favorite chapters.
I don't remember well, so correct me if I am wrong.

All of this secrecy about their relationship is to placate the toxic idol industry's dumb no relationship rules right?
Not an idol, but a child actress. There aren't the hard and fast toxic idol rules, but it's Japan and she's kinda sexualized (heck, even in the Manga extra chapters 😂) and she's even been a gravure model. The reality is with social media and situations like that, the less there is for people to gossip about the better. We see it even in the US. Social media has pushed for parasoxiap relationships and a level of ownership between fans and anyone remotely famous with a following. Those crowds care more about the life choice of their object of affection than said person's parents, and they're incredibly judgmental.

One if the reasons the idol industry is toxic is because it pushes for this and tries to take advantage of it. The industry WANTS their consumers obessed with idols so they feed into what's already a naturally toxic reality (it's literally adding gasoline to a fire in a room of chlorine gas).

Users who are viewing this thread