The Diary of a Middle-Aged Teacher's Carefree Life in Another World - Ch. 12

Double-page supporter
Thanks for picking this up from the original drop point. I appreciate what the other scanlation groups did, but it's nice to have something that isn't MTL.

Dex-chan lover
The inner Grammar Nazi in me almost made me want to gas myself from the Machine TL. Thanks for picking this up

Damn… so this ended up definitely being sniped by a more legit group lol

Also, couldn't just be “Zeros“? Simpler and more consistent. I'm sorry but “Zehlos” looks and read completely awful

Dex-chan lover
Thought his name was Zeros? Zehlos honestly doesn't work as a name: I had to pause for a hot minute when I saw it.
Big thanks for the retranslation though! Definitely reads a lot nicer.

@Isopotnic I’m guessing it’s pronounced similarly to zealous (zeh-los) which I can see as someone making a generic fantasy name for their character in a game

Power Uploader
@Isopotonic @jdexo1 will keep it like that in the next chaps my bad. i couldnt read even the previous chapters cuz they were all MTLed. planning to redo 1-11 kek

@jdexo1 @Isopotonic
We decided on Zehlos because it's supposed to be pronounced with a short e sound ('eh' as in set), not a long e sound ('ee' as in zero), and we thought Zeros and Zelos might be a bit ambiguous in that regard. If you think Zeros/Zelos is still better though, we appreciate the feedback and we can consider changing it back.

@yue620 Yeah, obviously Japanese has completely different vowels than English. And tbh Spanish has the same vowels as Japanese, so it never crossed my mind that people would think it is pronounced with that ‘ee’ sounds as in ‘eat,’ but regardless, in my opinion it's a matter of stylistic choice: ‘Zeros’ simply looks better than ‘Zehlos,’ plus I also think that it sounds better with an ‘r’ sound instead of an ‘l,’ if you're trying to pronounce it with the English sounds

Dex-chan lover
@yue620
Okay yeah, that makes sense. It's just that, as jdexo1 said, it's stylistically really clunky, as that "h" makes it really unnatural to look at. Zelos/Zelloss, or perhaps even Zealous, are read better and also preserve the pronunciation.

Didn't the goddess write that she reincarnated all of the people killed by the evil god?

Aggregator gang
@TheOne320 truth is, its not exactly reincarnation.
its simply binding a soul with a body. they dint grand them power or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread