The Duke of Death and His Black Maid - Vol. 12 Ch. 170 - First Love

Contributor
“After finding out that my grandfather became friends with another woman besides Sade, she got crazy and scarred her sister’s face, as well as putting a curse on me.”

“I want to bring her back to the future in order to redeem her.”

Dex-chan lover
HELL NO.
Even if she suffered because of love, she's still a horrible person. I don't think what she did to Daleth's face was something a sane person would do. Trying to redeem Sade is a catastrophe waiting to happen.

So the story has to go to Sade being saved.

Honestly, I get why she went as insane as she did. She literally hears everyone's thoughts. The first honest man she met, she would fall for them. But he ended up cherishing another woman and felt like her place had been taken. And everyone else feared her or had ill thoughts of her. So it's hard to have friends when that's the case.

Reminds me of Mao from Code Geass. He went insane from being unable to control his powers and the only person he loved was C.C. who he couldn't mind read.

Group Leader
Felt sad for her but yeah she's insane don't need a redemption arc for her🤔
Her jealous is way too extreme so much so she hurt her sister 😐

Dex-chan lover
I get that this story is all about the “power of love” that fights even death curses, but I don’t like it when they try to redeem a villain unless there is a more than valid reason; and considering what she did I don’t think that “she felt alone” (when she never said anything about her own feelings if not in the end, moreover) is enough to see her as a “tragic character” worth of redemption.
Sometimes villains should just stay villains.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah no, I don't mind that Sade went insane because of her love for Grandpa, but trying to redeem her afterwards is too much.

Double-page supporter
"Never bring Time Travel, the Cthulhu Mythos, or Giant Robots into an established setting, because if you do, all it will ever really BE about from then on is Time Travel, or the Cthulhu Mythos, or Giant Robots. Or Giant Robots traveling through time to fight the Cthulhu Mythos."
— Bek D. Corbin—
Considering this, I think we are on the final lap.

Dex-chan lover
Fuck you author, this is just bad writing. Sade is evil, and does not deserve a redemption. This insanity isn't an excuse for her actions. Even before she "cracked" she tormented and abused Daleth into a husk of a person. She's already acting meek and wearing the mask, this isn't something "new".

I've given this series a number of chances when I wanted to drop it because the slice of life parts are good but the author just can not write serious content and insists on trying to anyways. Guess I'm out.

Ok I do agree that I do not want to see Sade redeemed. Forgiving her was already more than I think she deserved, but bringing her to the present seems like the worst idea imaginable. As somebody else mentioned, she was messed up long before all this crap with the Duke's grandfather.

Dex-chan lover
Well damn, kinda sad but I don't think you should bring her to the present. She's powerful, right? So what if she goes crazy or in some way, the anger inside of her builds up and she does something unimaginable? Sure, the backstory was sad, but that doesn't mean she deserves redemption, just because she loved someone doesn't excuse the fact that she put a curse on a child, allowing them to never come into contact, obviously, that's much worse than having unrequited love.

Dex-chan lover
Eh, it could be a moderately interesting conflict. Sade is and always has been fucked up, way before she even met the Duke's grandfather. Her introduction to him is already pretty psychotic, and Daleth is already disfigured, so even then she was past redemption.

But on the other hand, after 170 chapters of searching and not finding a way to break the Duke's curse, the only solution does seem to be to get her to a state where she never even cursed him in the first place. Which means you either have to kill her before then (even disregarding the fact that the characters are too nice to time-murder someone, she's at the peak of her power probably, so not realistic), or find a way to convince her otherwise, which would likely be either a flavor of redemption, or at least something to resolve her jealousy.

My guess at this point is that our heroes will empathize with her in the past, she'll realize that she's a huge psycho bitch, and through time-fuckery will render all her misdeeds undone by just deleting herself from the timeline before everything else happened. So no disfigured Daleth, no curse, etc. That way all problems are solved and she's "redeemed" but also not getting a happy ending.

Group Leader
@lxmon_fax The Shota-Grandpa, his Shadow Clone, and his Girlfriend are already waiting to go back in time and kill Sade, they would probably detect her as soon as the MC brings her to the present.

Its best to just go back in time and let sade remove the curse. And not to tinker with anything else on the original time line. So nothing gets undone. Her death in the past might even be related to her removing the curse of the dukes future self.
Now that would fit nicely. Sade weakened from removing dukes curse gets neutralized by the hit squad

Fed-Kun's army
@brainman He said before her death not before he got cursed history will be rewritten to much if it was before he got cursed. It will most likely be in the plum of smoke of her last battle.

Dex-chan lover
It sucks, but to undo the curse they have to reconcile with Sade... even though it sucks and she doesn't deserve it....

Users who are viewing this thread