The Former Hero Wants To Live Peacefully - Ch. 11 - The Hero Finds Ingredients

Dex-chan lover
Is there a page missing? goddes asks about a plant (hylomelon) she doesn't know of, without anyone mentioning it to her first.

edit: they ate a plant of hallucination?!? seems like really poor life-choice. And yet they somehow didn't start hallucinating... Are you sure it's not the standard jp-fantasy terminology where they add "phantom" to the noun to indicate rarity, meaning it should be "the phantom plant"?

Dex-chan lover
they ate a plant of hallucination?!? seems like really poor life-choice.
Yeah, I thought it was a plant people eat to get high - it'd be surprising if that were the case, but tons of cultures have had habits like that, so I suppose it's not that surprising.

Dex-chan lover
This peace won’t last long, those back stabbers are going to go all out to literally wipe the village off the map!

Dex-chan lover
edit: they ate a plant of hallucination?!? seems like really poor life-choice. And yet they somehow didn't start hallucinating... Are you sure it's not the standard jp-fantasy terminology where they add "phantom" to the noun to indicate rarity, meaning it should be "the phantom plant"?
Yeah, I thought it was a plant people eat to get high - it'd be surprising if that were the case, but tons of cultures have had habits like that, so I suppose it's not that surprising.
This is being MTLed, so I'm sure that's a mistranslation.

What really gets me is if you got a man here who is a farmer by trade and there's just been a crop failure... how the heck does he have money to buy food from other territories. I mean, I get that needs must when the devil drives, but the simple fact of the matter is that he's not gonna have money for food in this situation. (For a farmer, money actually does grow on trees. The thing is, though, that you have to work your ass off to reap that reward.)

Dex-chan lover
This is being MTLed, so I'm sure that's a mistranslation.

What really gets me is if you got a man here who is a farmer by trade and there's just been a crop failure... how the heck does he have money to buy food from other territories. I mean, I get that needs must when the devil drives, but the simple fact of the matter is that he's not gonna have money for food in this situation. (For a farmer, money actually does grow on trees. The thing is, though, that you have to work your ass off to reap that reward.)
Thx for the correction! I thought it would be hallucinating cuz it's a kind of papaveraceae, and I've mistaken it as a drug bruh..

Dex-chan lover
how the heck does he have money to buy food from other territories.
People often think of farmers as having been impoverished for all of history, but there was a period of time where farmers were quite wealthy compared to the rest of society.

Hard to say if the author put that much thought into it though...

Dex-chan lover
Still weird though that they're trying to avoid war with the kingdom even though they are living in that same kingdom

Dex-chan lover
I was gonna complain about how it's always tasting something good and they immediately go and "OH THIS IS LIKE HEAVEN" but I realised that this time it wasn't that exaggerated... I'm becoming cranky

Dex-chan lover
I was gonna complain about how it's always tasting something good and they immediately go and "OH THIS IS LIKE HEAVEN" but I realised that this time it wasn't that exaggerated... I'm becoming cranky
honestly that's pretty cliche, like they never had anything good before
:facepalm:

Dex-chan lover
Still weird though that they're trying to avoid war with the kingdom even though they are living in that same kingdom
the hero is just dumb to not help overthrow the people that had already planned to kill him and will most likely throw the entire army at him if they find out he is alive
he really just tells everyone that he will fight the entire army with the people of the village if the time comes instead

Dex-chan lover

Well, think about it like this: That would be a thing a Hero would do.

And what did being a Hero get him? A home village that was basically abandoned and fucked over, a GTB and a shallow Prince marrying, the King having been behind it, and other companions having been given positions they didn't deserve.

And the common people have already guessed things are bad, and the Holy Kingdom has noticed the Saintess shouldn't have been allowed to be one...

...They don't need to do anything. Zamaa will happen, regardless of what he does.

Dex-chan lover
So... people are risking their lives and we get an entire chapter about planting stuff? Really?
This MC is a moron.

Users who are viewing this thread