The Ghost and the Exhausted Office Worker - Ch. 228

Group Leader
Had to do a bit of the dreaded localisation in this chapter unfortunately. Originally he was repeating ちょ (cho), seemingly preparing to say ちょっと待って (chotto matte; wait a moment), so I made him just repeat w- instead. Still pretty sure that's what he originally wanted to say, but this chapter both used it for a joke and also included him changing his wording so it didn't end up working all that well.

Originally, Miharu said 超弦理論 (chougen riron; superstring theory), but that obviously doesn't start with a w, so I tried looking for similar-feeling physics theories starting with w, but none of them really seemed like a good fit (too fringe or too common/simple), so I just ended up putting the wave-particle duality, since it seems feasible that Miharu would have at least heard of it while still being something that sounds fancy.

The other thing was his first line on the second part. He originally said ちょっと早くないですか (chotto hayakunai desu ka; isn't it a bit soon?), but that doesn't start with w, so I had to swap it with something else, eventually landing on 'why so soon?'. It gives a slightly different feeling but it's as close as I could get.

Users who are viewing this thread