The Girl from Random Chatting! - Ch. 78 - Too Late

Aggregator gang
The hell? They deleated a tone of chapters. I hate these notifications. I've already read it, but "hey, just so you know, we've reuploaded a chapter, you should read it".

@RiseOne
The original set of chapters were done by Hatigarm Scans, who have pulled their work from Mangadex due to a disagreement with the site. This is a different translation of an "older" chapter from a different group, hence the "renotification."

Aggregator gang
@SavingPrivateRightHand I can't even imagine what one of the conflict's sides would have had to do to make the group leave the site. From how you described it, it doesn't sound like they just got mad because "you've got our chapters on your site, we don't want that".

@RiseOne
Heres the forum thread that shows the reason why a bunch of scanlators are leaving: https://mangadex.org/thread/92399

Here is Mangadex's official statement on the topic: https://mangadex.org/thread/93392

Aggregator gang
@Wonkie Damn, now I have to worry if some of the mangas I read are still here. It'd be a real pain in the ass, looking through all I read in search of what the groups, which left, translate.

Fed-Kun's army
Meh, not sure what happened between them... either way Hatigarm Scans still upload on their site.

@RiseOne
I worded it so as to not provide too much bias toward it either way.

However, while I understand the groups choosing to publish their future chapters elsewhere due to not agreeing to future policies, I'm not keen on them removing already uploaded chapters. It doesn't really get back at MD by saving them server space by deleting them, though I guess force ferrying users off of here to their preferred sites is the intention. I wish the site supported notifs for when works go off site (e.g.: Shishunki David going official) to help users with that.

That said, it's nice to have options like Two Idiot's is providing.

Fed-Kun's army
There is an option in MD setting to “Show unavailable chapters” which would show empty chapter holders for chapters removed.

Also, make use of MangaUpdates. No matter what website you’re reading on or if a manga goes official, MU always have the necessary information (chapter last updated by who and scanlate by who, where did the anime stop at, is the manga fully scanlated, etc)

Contributor
Honestly if more scanlators had RSS integrated into their sites I would go to their sites. But since 95% of them can't be bothered to do something so simple I spend my time here instead.

Users who are viewing this thread