The Goddess of Healing - Ch. 74 - Returning to Attend the Feast

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter but damn they are short. And I don't really get why 1/3 of the chapter is a teaser for the next chapter who actually summaries the whole next chapter. So basically the chapters are short and you know what happen in them anyway since it has been said in the previous one...

Dex-chan lover
Oh is the princess in love with the male lead? Been a while since I've read this series.

Dex-chan lover
@Mivas Iirc Chinese webtoon chapters/pacing are usually quite short, shorter even than Korean webtoons.

@riflow Yes, the princess is in love in the male lead, and has been known to ruthlessly remove any other woman whom she thinks has caught the male lead's eyes.

Dex-chan lover
Idk why but I love their fluffy neck things ever since winter started. Looks so cozy

Thank you for the chapter. No need to apologize, RL happens and there is nothing we can do about it.

Dex-chan lover
“She will have my sympathies” what good is that after helping hurt her, you dumb cunt of a princess. I do look forward to her ruin.

Sometimes it really wears on me how I hate I nearly all the characters in this story. ☠ Less screentime for assholes soon, please.

Obv not defeated for good but I do love those moments where wan’er and her mom eat dirt. lol.

Thanks so much for the update!

Dex-chan lover
@Mivas I remember watching the anime (?) adaptation of a Chinese manwa (?) And it had a similar thing. 12 minute runtime, 3 of which was a recap.

Double-page supporter
@icarushector @Mivas I feel like part of this is budget production and time constraints. Lot's of times Chinese internet based entertainment is based off of holding your audiences attention through constant regular updates. I think the Youtube algorithm is like that too. Until you have a very large and loyal user base. And even then the readership is quick to turn on you if you don't keep up the quick release schedule. Just look at any translation of a popular manhua, half the comment section is almost always "where's the next chapter button?"

There's also this thing I see in long running soap opera like shows, that also spend a 1/3 the runtime recapping the show so the audience doesn't get lost with the literal years of lore involved and also lets busy housewives/working moms (target demographic) pick up an episode at random and not get lost. And let's be frank, Chinese manhua and anime historical romantic back court drama is just the younger demographic version of the Chinese soap opera, the the similarities get obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread