The Guide's Fatal Failure - Vol. 2 Ch. 53

Dex-chan lover
That runaway porter is sus.
giphy.webp

Ain't no way they are insignificant; they wouldn't even get mentioned otherwise.

Dex-chan lover
giphy.webp

Ain't no way they are insignificant; they wouldn't even get mentioned otherwise.
Chekhov's Gun, eh? It's certainly possible, but it only works if the author actually follows it.

Also, that prince sure came fast.

Dex-chan lover
If she goes with the prince I think I'll have to drop the series for shattering my suspension of disbelief in how stupid a person can be for reasons other than furthering the plot

Dex-chan lover
giphy.webp

I bet you 100% that porter saw Shana use her ability and it is going to screw up the future SOOOOO mucb

Dex-chan lover
If she goes with the prince I think I'll have to drop the series for shattering my suspension of disbelief in how stupid a person can be for reasons other than furthering the plot
Can a commoner even refuse a royalty though? I hope that's the case, but this guy is a villain and I think he'll just pull rank if she declined.

Dex-chan lover
Can a commoner even refuse a royalty though? I hope that's the case, but this guy is a villain and I think he'll just pull rank if she declined.
The "you can't refuse because royalty" is a terrible plot device because it means that whoever it is used against is unable to go against any form of power greater than their own. It is a much better cliche for the person to either use their words to get out of the situation or take advantage of circumstances to get out. Just going along with the flow develops the character as weak willed or incompetent.

Dex-chan lover
The "you can't refuse because royalty" is a terrible plot device because it means that whoever it is used against is unable to go against any form of power greater than their own.
That's how it is back then though, pretty immersive to me personally.
But true, I think this is the wrong story to find a competent protagonist (I thought it was somewhat clear from the start that she's not one of those confident overcompetent kind of character).

Users who are viewing this thread