The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All - Ch. 68 - We, on the Waiting Side

Dex-chan lover
Its that fine line of it being completely normal with having an interest that has you go off into your own little world at times and also being sure not to go off into that world so severely that it makes your SO(even if they aren't technically together yet) feel like they are being cast aside.

But then on the other side its also that fine line of wanting to be close to your SO a lot but also understanding they may need their own space, and alone-time, for their interests and its important to give that to them.

Coming from someone who is aroace...dating sounds complicated as all hell just from this one thing. I know friendships can be of a similar thing, balancing being together and also giving space, but it just seems far more of a tightrope balance with romantic relationships.

Dex-chan lover
I can’t be the only one who thinks this series has become utter dogshit but people think it’s cool cause Green?

The whole “Guy I’m interested” angle disappeared completely and WASNT replaced by Yuri for some weird fucking reason, it was replaced with Daria level teen angst but somehow without the gay subtext. the 4 panel limit but no contiguous story telling nothing happens.

Dex-chan lover
I can’t be the only one who thinks this series has become utter dogshit but people think it’s cool cause Green?

The whole “Guy I’m interested” angle disappeared completely and WASNT replaced by Yuri for some weird fucking reason, it was replaced with Daria level teen angst but somehow without the gay subtext. the 4 panel limit but no contiguous story telling nothing happens.
I don't know about others but I don't agree. I see the Yuri and appreciate the slow burn.

Dex-chan lover

I dont know if ive ever disagreed with something more.

They are so extremely clearly gay for each other its crazy you dont see it. Its really not subtle, they are just teenagers and are not ready to confess.

Dex-chan lover
I dont know if ive ever disagreed with something more.

They are so extremely clearly gay for each other its crazy you dont see it. Its really not subtle, they are just teenagers and are not ready to confess.
Wow, guess I'm reading a different Manga. Because I clearly remember in the first half of the series she was 100% INTERESTED in them and were very aggressive trying to get "his" attention with the only intention being romantic. Guess that didn't happen for 30 or so issues huh...

I love Yuri, but come on, this series dropped the romance and Yuri aspect once she found out about her gender and shifted to focus on the music and teen drama which is fine, but don't front load the series and have a title about a concept that doesn't exist anymore outside of fleeting moments.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, guess I'm reading a different Manga. Because I clearly remember in the first half of the series she was 100% INTERESTED in them and were very aggressive trying to get "his" attention with the only intention being romantic. Guess that didn't happen for 30 or so issues huh...

I love Yuri, but come on, this series dropped the romance and Yuri aspect once she found out about her gender and shifted to focus on the music and teen drama which is fine, but don't front load the series and have a title about a concept that doesn't exist anymore outside of fleeting moments.
Because that was when she didnt really know her and it was just an infatuation of a pretty store employee. It was a shallow thing for the most part.

As she found out more about her, besides just that Koga is actually a girl, she formed a real crush/fell in love and that made it much harder to just come out and confess.

I mean I'd assume its far more easy to admit having an infatuation with some random pretty person that openly admitting it to literally the person sitting next to you in classes that you actually know and formed an actual relationship with.

Its clear she is in love though, its not...a secret.

"with the only intention being romantic."

Which...is a bad thing. Its GOOD that its now more about the person she likes and getting to know her as a person than just romance-only focused. Its a big difference thats far more healthy.

Dex-chan lover

I don't agree with all of this, or the dropping of yuri stuff you said but the series has shifted it's tone and focus, so I can understand that. The format also does make events move at a slower pace, so if you're not into the slow slow burn, coupled with the shift in focus, yeah it might drag for you now.

Dex-chan lover
Because that was when she didnt really know her and it was just an infatuation of a pretty store employee. It was a shallow thing for the most part.

As she found out more about her, besides just that Koga is actually a girl, she formed a real crush/fell in love and that made it much harder to just come out and confess.

I mean I'd assume its far more easy to admit having an infatuation with some random pretty person that openly admitting it to literally the person sitting next to you in classes that you actually know and formed an actual relationship with.

Its clear she is in love though, its not...a secret.

So basically you agree with me but like the lack of romance isn't an issue for you? I know 90% of Romance Manga's don't like actual "Romance" like this one turned into, but I love the real chase, the actual display of emotions, wants, lust, passion, ROMANCE.

This internal feelings and though bubbles mean nothing compared to actual conversations and confessions. The "Implied romance" or "budding feelings" Manga's deserve to have a whole other Tag. It's not Romance, it's something that leads into Romance but before you start dating that's not Romance.

If you have a crush on a Classmate, you can't go around saying "Oh I've been involved in Romance before, I thought about my classmate a ton! So romantic right?" Just imagine how crazy dating would be if you had to both fall deeply in love before the first date, all while never once saying your feelings out louds? It's madness

Users who are viewing this thread