The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All - Ch. 94 - Just Let It Out

Dex-chan lover
I’ve read this chapter 4 times now, and every time I tear up at that last page. I hope Koga realizes what good friends she has now.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine not preventing your students from injuring one another when you had the opportunity - and responsibility - to do so.
Imagine promoting extrajudicial justice without even trying the existing legal one.
Imagine promoting "beating the shit out of one another" as the way of the society.

For one, it is Aya who is likely to get the shit beat out of her, the guy looks bulkier, and doesn't look like someone who would hold back.
Imagine thinking you shouldnt punch the shit out of someone bullying your best friend. Feel bad for your best friend

Dex-chan lover
at least there's people on koga's side beside oosawa, the pair's not completely alone here

Dex-chan lover
Imagine thinking you shouldnt punch the shit out of someone bullying your best friend
The PE teacher is not Koga's best friend. His job is not to beat students up nor to orchestrate honour duels between students. His job is to ensure that the students come back home safe and sound, to prevent and stop cases of bullying, to promote behaviours which would help his students avoid jail time in their adult lives, and ideally to manage conflicts in a justifable manner. There are perfectly legal disciplinary ways to punish the kid without having Aya beat him up (or what's more likely, having Aya knocked out) which are yet to be tried. For all the two panels the teacher has been on the screen, you're calling him "trash", while all he knows at the moment is that Oosawa is screaming and is about to beat somebody up.

Now imagine the teacher does not stop Aya, and she is somehow successful in beating the guy up. The news about the fight spread around the school, they reach the ears of parents and the dean, now Aya cannot not be punished - with what, suspension without or with the permanent record so she cannot get into a University of her choice? Expulsion? Meanwhile the teacher is proud of Aya for doing the honourable thing of ruining her life for the sake of her best friend - and is also fired.

Really appreciating the use of color or no color to set the emotional tone of each panel 💚

Dex-chan lover
Despite being the one who wears the dress, you can see who does the princess carrying in this relationship.

This takes me back when learning English wasn't all that cool and I got slightly bullied for it.
Gonna top from the bottom, then?
It can work…

Dex-chan lover
Was re-reading last chapter. Translator changed a few text bubbles on page 2 and 3. And now it seems less of bullying and more of that guy just being very very dense and not fully realising what his actions does to Koga. Though doesn't change the fact he's an ass. 😑
Not all bullies get that they’re bullies.
”lol, gotcha! Come on, it’s just a joke!”

To paraquote The Click: The difference between a prank and bullying is that with a prank, everyone laughs.

Dex-chan lover
So this series takes place in one of the schools where victims/innocent people are punished for giving back to the bullies… Hoped it wasnt the case…
Wait, that’s totally normal.
He didn’t do violence. He just did bullying.
As such, there would be no call for physical retaliation.

Dex-chan lover
I surely wouldn't want to be your friend if your answer for verbal violence is physical violence, you don't look very stable.
I surely wouldnt want to be your friend if you cant even stand up for your friends being bullied, you dont look like a very good friend. Feel so bad for your friends

Users who are viewing this thread