The Headcase and the Vampire Child - Oneshot

Since people don't fully understand the meaning behind this story, I will explain.
Before meeting the lil'vampire, the female protagonist always felt a constant, agonizing pain because of depression. She would self-harm to distract herself from the torment in her mind. Then lil'vam came into her life. The female protagonist gradually found joy and hope in living while caring for the child, and the inner pain began to diminish. As a result, self-harming no longer provided temporary relief from her soul's agony. Now, she purely feels the pain caused by the cuts on her hand.
The storytelling here is really good with that punchline at the end. "This isn't good. All I feel now is pain. It's lost all meaning.". This line tricks reader into think that the girl feel empty and more depressed after the lil'vam is now gone, but no, it's actually the opposite. She has hope now. What "lost all meaning" is the act of self-harm itself.

Dex-chan lover
Good ending I suppose, maybe now she can find meaning/purpose doing other stuff. Also, thats some bright ass red, looks cool.

Since people don't fully understand the meaning behind this story, I will explain.
Before meeting the lil'vampire, the female protagonist always felt a constant, agonizing pain because of depression. She would self-harm to distract herself from the torment in her mind. Then lil'vam came into her life. The female protagonist gradually found joy and hope in living while caring for the child, and the inner pain began to diminish. As a result, self-harming no longer provided temporary relief from her soul's agony. Now, she purely feels the pain caused by the cuts on her hand.
The storytelling here is really good with that punchline at the end. "This isn't good. All I feel now is pain. It's lost all meaning.". This line tricks reader into think that the girl feel empty and more depressed after the lil'vam is now gone, but no, it's actually the opposite. She has hope now. What "lost all meaning" is the act of self-harm itself.
Yes, exactly!! This is how i feel about the ending too. At the beginning, the girl says outright that she doesn't feel pain at all from the self-harming. What she felt was relief. But in the end, after befriending the little vamp, that sense of pain came back, the self-harm did not bring sense of relief anymore. It is hopeful because it's a sign that she would be stop cutting herself from now on.

Thank you for your comment!

Dex-chan lover
Now that self harm doesn't give her relief anymore, it's time for her to seek out someone to give her a baby so she can have a kid like the little vampire :meguusmug:

Users who are viewing this thread