The Heroine Has Despaired - Vol. 7 Ch. 62

What i really don't like is the fact that every body is forgetting that she has tortured people to death before, she is a very evil person and she deserves every thing that is happening to her. and she does not get a free pass because she has bad stuff happen to her when she was young because she has tortured and commuted acts of extreme cruelty on people simply for fun.

Group Leader
Basically confirms that if she had just killed herself right then and there Akiba would have to look for another way to get revenge because killing her would probably be too easy in his book and he gets deprived of his revenge. Just fly really high and deactivate the dress. Even if she gets shielded the girl still has to crash into the shield. If the shield is a set distance away from her at all times that means it has to exert force equal to the fall damage back onto her body anyways. And after they come back she can keep beating the shit out of him.

Group Leader
I am thinking of stopping reading it at least until chapter 72 which is the beginning of volume 8.
The fact is that right now he's not only taking revenge on Adachi, but he's using Shibuya throughout this.
It should also be taken into account that he's currently blackmailing both of them because Adachi now only has one life and can kill her in game at any time.
The poor girl (to say) currently wishes for death but he will surely do anything to prevent it.

Double-page supporter
What i really don't like is the fact that every body is forgetting that she has tortured people to death before, she is a very evil person and she deserves every thing that is happening to her. and she does not get a free pass because she has bad stuff happen to her when she was young because she has tortured and commuted acts of extreme cruelty on people simply for fun.
Both Adachi and Akiba are scumbags, but at least one of them at least knows what being sympathetic is. Akiba is legitimately a sociopath throughout this entire story and has absolutely no redeeming qualities as a character. Although I have been looking forward to seeing how their character qualities would develop along with Shibuya's, all I've been seeing is torture bait for the past 15 chs I'd say. At this point I'm waiting for one of them to hit the bucket at this rate 😮‍💨

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't forget

Dex-chan lover
She only has his word that he can redistribute lives. Call his bitch ass bluff.

I dunno why foxman is apparently thinking that being able to quantify Akiba as a worse person means Adachi getting a free pass. I’m not sure anyone in these comment sections has claimed she isn’t a scumbag and even if we go by pattern recognition in manga where an irredeemable monster gets off Scott free, she doesn’t fit into that pattern since everyone “normal” is still unsettled by her behavior.
Akiba is quantifiably a greater threat. Adachi is not much more of an overall danger than any other enemy unit in this manga during a game. Akiba on the other hand, constantly sabotages everyone including himself but has zero capacity to learn not to keep doing stupid shit.
Akiba also has no power outside of the game so actually clearing the game is contrary to his wants. There is no way he actually wants to lose his power over the MC and so leaving any part of your fate in his hands compared to Adachi is a fool’s errand.
Realizing that Akiba is worse is simply realizing that Akiba is worse.

How involved do you think Akiba is with the death game? He looked like an obvious mastermind at the start, but his general incompetence and the MC’s real name subplot has made me realize there is no possible way without an asspull.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
There's no way that's real, I just don't believe her act lmao

Double-page supporter
Yeah still on the Akiba is worse train. Yes Adachi did some horrible things including her torture of Shibuya but since joining them she has been nothing but a team player with everyone's best interest in mind and unlike Akiba, she legit cares about Shibuya as a person. She even tried to set Akiba straight before he went off the deep end. Meanwhile Akiba only cares about himself and is growing more and more unhinged as this goes on.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah still on the Akiba is worse train. Yes Adachi did some horrible things including her torture of Shibuya but since joining them she has been nothing but a team player with everyone's best interest in mind and unlike Akiba, she legit cares about Shibuya as a person. She even tried to set Akiba straight before he went off the deep end. Meanwhile Akiba only cares about himself and is growing more and more unhinged as this goes on.
The "good" thing about being shitty is that your actions and their consequences in their own right matter more than whether or not you can be categorized as "better" or "worse" than the next guy.

Adachi's a comparably broken sadist that was so preoccupied with getting her rocks off abusing Akiba that she didn't realize that there was a problem if she "had" to beat him up to keep him in line even though the purpose of her blackmail was to do just that. She didn't notice her regularly abusing him was not endearing her to the newer team members that ended up crossing her (regardless of what he did to them). She didn't realize that ostracizing him was giving him motivation and time to come up with a plan to screw the entire team over even though she ostracized him in the first place because she couldn't trust him to not make moves that would screw the entire team over.

It's possible that even being strictly pragmatic might have still led to him trying to strike back-- but not even maintaining a vestige of moral uprightness demonstrably made everything worse. Adachi won't intentionally sabotage the team, but she's just as short sighted.

But then again, so is everyone else. Imagine putting on the backburner the sudden mental decline of a dangerous team member you can't get rid of, as well as the exponentially worsening relationship between him and another indispensable team member.

Dex-chan lover
couldn't have said it better myself

Dex-chan lover
But then again, so is everyone else. Imagine putting on the backburner the sudden mental decline of a dangerous team member you can't get rid of, as well as the exponentially worsening relationship between him and another indispensable team member.
I don’t think anyone was wanting to actually deal with him, nor are a bunch of tweens going to be competent medical practitioners. He was severely escalating even when treated with kid gloves and they probably hoped that they would luck out with physical violence beating some common sense into his skull or at least cow him long enough to get out of the damn game while they still held most of the cards.
You say it was put on the back burner, but the fact that team members were having secret meetings to try and plan out a solution says otherwise. The actual failure of our main team was not explaining why Akiba had managed to dig himself so far into the hole he was in to the benchwarmers. This let him act much faster than expected.
As bad as things are right now, without that intervention they would be worse as Shibuya would be getting raped, possibly ingame too, her declining mental state would affect the overall team, Akiba and her might not even be alive once everyone finds their breaking point, and we have no idea what the consequences for an IRL death outside of the game context entails.
You’re also making the mistake of thinking he’s indispensable. Adachi immediately demonstrated for the team and us that Akiba was not the crutch they thought he was anymore after he had crossed the line. He might be useful if he ever pulled his head out of his ass, but he doesn’t. A #1 player that refuses to be useful is no better than any random picked off the street. They will inevitably need him at some point because it’s a manga and the game maker is clearly a sadist, but until they get to a final boss, trying to get into the original game community, learning from the internet, or trying to contact the top ten players is a more useful resource than he is. He actively wants them to be dependent on him when they are rapidly approaching the point where he can’t carry their asses if they were the way he wants them to be.

Dex-chan lover
I don’t think anyone was wanting to actually deal with him, nor are a bunch of tweens going to be competent medical practitioners.
They don't need to be medical practitioners in order to try to address a life-threatening problem in their team dynamic.

You say it was put on the back burner, but the fact that team members were having secret meetings to try and plan out a solution says otherwise.
It doesn't, because I actually had that in mind. They had that one meeting... and then did nothing about it for days up to this point. Whenever the beatings happen right in front of their faces, they barely do anything or make a case for not actively and intentionally antagonizing someone who's not sane enough to have their pride broken when they literally cannot get rid of him.

He doesn't need to be treated with kid gloves, he needs to be treated with righteous violence and intent if they're going to beat him to a pulp at all. Adachi beating him in ways that get her off isn't "righteous".

The benchwarmers didn't need anybody to explain why Akiba is a bad dude, either, since they were also on the receiving end of his sadism. They're cooperating with him despite that experience, because they know she ain't shit, either. How badly do you have to fuck up, that third parties are cooperating against you with a dude who used them as a demonstration for why he'd bad news?

Dex-chan lover
Nay. They only have a partial picture of his sadism. They connect his level of sadism to be merely around what they used to experience. They may have been treated like objects, but their leader wasn’t possessive about them.

They do not understand that Akiba will never let Shibuya go, has attempted rape before, starts pulling the crap they’re about to get involved in constantly, and is on a hair trigger that makes them a target the instant his jealousy or delusions kick in. They were also mostly under the effect of berserk, feeling too much pain from it to notice what’s going on, or dead during Akiba’s revenge session. After that he was being cut off from the game and/or held in check so they never got a chance to see how much of a problem he truly is.

You say intentionally antagonizing as if he was ever going to stop, capable of stopping, or stopping him wouldn't immediately cause his normal backstabbing/murder response ingame. Beating the snot out of him is no less dangerous than breathing the wrong way or even existing in his presence. His attacks are inevitable. His immediate response to Shibuya saying no when he was less unhinged were death/torture threats. There is no magic solution any of them can dream up outside of the power of hindsight because even surrendering authority to ride his coattails or play along with his ego is more dangerous. It may be currently backfiring, but everyone still came out ahead simply from not having to deal with him for a week or two when his track record shows he would be doing this by now either way. The ones making the big mistake here are not the main group for being unable to come up with a better solution against an unsolvable problem. It's the benchwarmers for falling for his act.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
No we did not, but that was an entirely different situation. And the difference is also she did already get a fair bit of payback in the past. Akiba does this to control people. She did it once or twice to get a kick out of it, she did not stalk the kids IRL.
She also redeemed herself. Akiba is just too far gone, a lost case.

No offense but if you dont see the difference you are a psychopath

Supporter
Basically confirms that if she had just killed herself right then and there Akiba would have to look for another way to get revenge because killing her would probably be too easy in his book and he gets deprived of his revenge. Just fly really high and deactivate the dress. Even if she gets shielded the girl still has to crash into the shield. If the shield is a set distance away from her at all times that means it has to exert force equal to the fall damage back onto her body anyways. And after they come back she can keep beating the shit out of him.
You, sir/ma'am.. I like you.

Users who are viewing this thread